Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Update!

It's early but I've been up for an hour. I couldn't fall back to sleep so eventually I got up and now I'm sitting here typing and listening to Christian music. You all deserve so much of an update that it isn't even funny and I'm sorry that I've been so behind. Let me tell you about my vacation. Quick outline: Christmas Eve had family over, Christmas was boring, movies the 26th, 27th through the 30th at Joshua Revolution, 30th-1st at Lori's, back to Dad's, left last night and now I'm at Lindz's. Now for more details...

Christmas Eve. We had family over (like I said) and it was actually fun. I loved talking to everyone and showing them that I'm mature and not the child they assume. We talked about doing it at a park cabin next year and the kids can sled and the adults can play cards. I asked which I was, a kid or an adult, and was told that it depends on what I wanna do. Since I wanted to play cards, I'm apparently an adult. I got some neat stuff as did everyone else and though it didn't feel like Christmas Eve, it did feel like fun.

Christmas. I don't honestly remember much of it. I know that we got up and opened gifts and had blueberry muffins (tradition) and that most of the day was spent just kinda hanging out. {ugh. brb. have to go brush my teeth before I can continue. okay, back. much better} We had Christmas dinner and it was pretty good if I remember correctly (but I doubt that I do-my memory is pretty shoddy right now). We really didn't do much of anything.

December 26. Convinced Dad to take us to the movies. Saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was pretty good. It's a really hard book to depict because of all the magical sorcery stuff but they did a pretty good job of it. Oh and I got Dad to pay for me to have a soda and the guy at the counter was really cute. :) Don't remember the rest of the day.

December 27. Got up a little late and packed for Joshua. I was so nervous! I had no clue what to expect but what I got out of it wound up being so amazing. We met at the church and then left in different cars. The girls from my room rode with Dewey (not that that means anything to you) and I basically talked to Dewey since I sat shotgun. When we got there we waited forever to get our rooms but we did eventually get them and then went to them. Food for the week was dooled (sp?) out and let me tell you there was a LOT of food! Like 6 sodas, 3 waters, 5 or 6 capri sun's, little debbie's snacks, granola bars. It was a LOT of food. I still have a bunch left. lol We caught the tail end of Mark Cahill's speech and what I heard sounded pretty good. He wrote a new book One Heartbeat Away and you could get it at the back table. It's a donation only thing and if you didn't have your money on you at that moment, you could send in money later. I did have my money but, I knew that a)taking the time to donate would be forever b/c of the mob, b)it's not something you can ask for change for and c)I really wanted a hoodie which was $25 and all I had was a 20 and a 10. So I'm sending in money soon. That night we had a power session and Ricardo played and Nicky Cruz spoke. Nicky's story was amazing. His story is captured in "Run, baby, run" (I think that's the name).

Oh goodness. I have to run, guys. I was going to give you the whole story through JR and New Year's but I just don't have the time. If I want to get to school at a decent hour (and get my capucinno which I desperately want), I have to get going and get Lindz and Becky going. God bless and have a great day. Oh, and as soon as my room gets clean and my grades get up I'll be catching up on journals. It's just that my room looks like a tornado whipped around in there and a few of my grades are either C range or B-C range. Hope your New Year is going great.

Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's the link to my new blog and my new s.n. Sorry I didn't tell you but I had to delete my blog and change my s.n. Here's the new one.  -Dawn-

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday.  glad you had a good time at the joshua revolution, know you were looking forward to it :)
yeah, maybe i'm bad, but i would have opted for the hoodie and paying later too ;)  i'm a hoodie junkie ;)
~*xoxoxo*~
 ~Bernie

Anonymous said...

Vickey, I havent been here in so long, and I feel terribly bad.

=(

Just wanted to let you know, that I will do my best to get more often, and to read.

Im glad you have a great vacation, and best wishes in 2006!

love,
Meg