Thursday, September 9, 2004

Thankful Thursday!

Well, let's see. Thankful Thursday....

1.I'm thankful for all my J-land friends and the wonderful thoughts I get from them. I'm thankful for the activities I get from them to occupy my day's. (Weekend Assignment, Saturday Six, Thankful Thursday, etc.)

2.I'm thankful for my faith. I know God is there for me every minute of every day. I know He can help me solve any problem and He is my rock, my Savior.

3. I'm thankful for the friends I have in the real world that help me through tough times and rejoice with me through the good times. They are my support system to get me through everyday. *cheers for the girls & guys*

4. I'm thankful for the soliders who are risking their lives to defend our country. I am anti-war but, I am thankful that they are willing to risk their lives (1000 of them have given their lives in the war on Iraq :( ) in order to protect us.

5. The firefighters and policemen that save the inhabitants of this country on a daily basis recieve my thanks. Not only those in duty now but also those retired and beyond. Those men and women risk their lives daily (as they did three years ago Saturday) and seem to be underappreciated.

6. I'm thankful for my family. My parents gave me my morals and my early start at reading. I'm very thankful that I discovered books so early (3 1/2 years old!) because they're a companion that can go anywhere and can take you places you'd never go otherwise. They don't depend on your age. If you can't read, someone can read to you. They're great. I guess I'm thankful for books, too. My grandmother gave me my faith. She's the one that took me to church when I was little.

7. I'm thankful for the roof over my head, the clothes on my back & in my dresser/closet, the food in my stomach, and the luxuries such as the computer I'm typing on right now that I get to enjoy.

Well, this made me feel a little bit better but, I'm still heart broken. It's irreverable. :(

No comments: