Monday, May 2, 2005

Two old entries

Last Thursday
Today has been so weird. I woke up and got ready and stuff and never saw BG. :) I caught the bus early and got to the corner and Lindz was nowhere to be found. Damn. I needed her shirt and hat. She got there and I got the stuff. Voice. Realized I didn't have my swimsuit. Called BG to bring it. German. Math. Got suit. Science. This is where the weather turned weird. It'd been decent all morning but now it started to thunder-mega freaking Yay! -Then rain and then HAIL! It stopped soon though. :( Lab (ick) Lunch-finished English packet! Global. English-skit that I so totally did not bomb! Gym-stayed dry, canoeing. Came home and went straight onto couch. Bit of TV then computer and boring all afternoon. It's been a weird afternoon too. Rachel can't come for the weekend but can come to Starbucks. Bedtime. (This was supposed to be an interesting and intelligent entry. Oh, well.)

Last Friday
Today is going to be a great day. I feel good. I did my make-up well. My afternoon plans should be enormously fun and Garth Brooks! We have videos each morning before the announcements and today they had Garth! A video of "Ain't Goin' Down (til the Sun Comes Up)" Live. The day can't be bad when it starts like that! After school, I'm going to Starbucks with Rach (and possibly others) then buying Sami her gift at Target. I've gotta pack and do computer stuff. Should be very very amusingly fun.
After some joking with Lester and (unfortunately) reminding him about yesterday *blushes*, voice is over and German has begun. I got stamps. Yay. 25 stamps=1% on our report card grade. I've been reading for most of my life and since I can remember, books have satisfied me. I'd finish one and need time to digest it before beginning a new one. I'd be sad that I'd finished it and yet happy and I'd feel complete. Lately, ever since Where The Heart Is, books don't satisfy me. I must be reading a book or have a book that I'm in the middle of nearby. I almost always finish a book if I start it but lately, I haven't been finishing Sparks books. Granted, I have read them before but not in the recent past. Now that I've finished The Lady And The Unicorn, I am bookless! German is over and math's halfway gone. I'm so desperate for a book that I began A Tale of Two Cities for English. It is such a headache! I'll go to the library during study hall and get a book for the weekend. Unfortunately, study hall is still four hours away!
Oh, I saw Sixteen Candles last night for the first time. I missed a scene or two but I loved it. And whoever plays Jake Ryan is cu-ute! I recently saw The Breakfast Club for the first time and while I admire it for its notoriety, it rather bored me. Within 15 minutes of beginning 16 Candles, I was hooked! I loved it. But it, too, left me unsatisfied. The only thing I felt satisfied about completing yesterday was making chocolate covered strawberries and even that was a bit melancholy. I felt so good, so right chopping up chocolate and fashioning a double boiler and cleaning strawberries and swirling them slowly around the bowl of melted Easter chocolate rabbits. It felt so right and when they were ready, they were divinely orgasmic. That is my absolute favorite dessert in the whole entire universe.
I looked up a synopsis of Les Mis and have fallen in love with what I know of it. I must watch the video and get a better feel for Eponine (said eh-po-nee). But how do I look like I'm all alone in the world, mourning for unrequited love? There are only 33 days of classes before finals! Yay! Science time. Today has really been a great day so far. I guess I'm a bit cynical or something because part of me is worrying what will go wrong. In most of my experience, every time a day is going really well, something bad happens. The day I found out about Smokey (oh, btw, my father and I fought over her yesterday), I was in a great mood. Singing Moulin Rouge and hyper. My brother said he wanted a Livestrong bracelet because Tiger has cancer. I told him that livestrong is not for cats and Tiger has diabetes, not cancer. I was informed that Tiger does have cancer and I was being cruel and why couldn't I be supportive.

Nobody was when I lost Smokey.
But you didn't know ahead of time. That was sudden.
I knew 3 months before. Your mother told me I had to start thinking about what I wanted to do with her body. Which didn't even matter because nobody asked me.
Sometimes you can't choose.
She was MY cat! MY cat! I should be able to choose what happens to her body.
If she's your cat, why didn't you do something?
Like what?
Like clean her litter box {insert more crap that I didn't hear as I ran up to watch 16 Candles and cry}.

How dare he? I was a child. A child does not change litter. All my cats are now sick. Smokey died. Tiger has cancer. Chyna hates it there. My babies were fine before they went there. Ha. It appears I've dampened my own mood. I can retrieve it easily though. For some reason, I'm never sad around Rach, Sayid, or Jack. I instantly get cheerful. It's not a forced response, it just happens.
Did you know the famous, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times" line (first line of A Tale of Two Cities) is actually really long? It's an entire friggin' paragraph!
Guys, y'all are so lucky. Y'all never have to deal with bras being too tight or two loose or cleavage showing or a million other female worries from messing up our make-up to cramps. Then again, you have to deal with our complaining about it along with your male problems. Sorry if I ever complain to ya 'bout this kinda stuff.
Oooo! Choir time. Choir was good and then lunch was entertaining as always. I even liked Global and English. We blocked and watched skits (amazingly well done!) and then "read". I'm going to the library now. School library that is…

The bottom fell out after school. I hung out with Rach, Sayid, and Anja for a bit and then I walked to the local diner thingy (henceforth known as Hots) and met up with Lindz and others. I called Dad to remind him to pick me up and see if he could pick up Lindz too. He could. I realized a bit later that I hadn't said I was at Hots. I called back and he didn't answer. Just then, he pulled in. I asked if we could stop in Starbucks and he refused. All I wanted was a "rainbow" cookie (aka M&M cookie). But he wouldn't stop and he was being an arse and made me cry. I knew the bottom would fall out. We dropped Lindz off and went to Target. I got Sami's b-day gift and made Dad hold it while I "went to the bathroom". I went to the bathroom and before I even got there, the tears were spilling down. What hurt worse was that cynical though I was, and as much as I expected the bottom to fall out, I had hoped against hope that it wouldn't. It did and it sucked and I cried in the bathroom for about 15 minutes. I went back and found Dad and he asked if I "felt better after", I'll put this in nicer terms, using the restroom. He thinks he knows me so well but he can't read my eyes. Easiest emotion to read is when I've been crying and he couldn't even tell that. You've got to know me well to read my eyes and he obviously can't. So I got home and packed and when Mom came, I left with only one word "bye". I didn't say "good-bye" or "See ya on Monday" or "Have a nice weekend" just "bye". He's the reason the bottom fell out; all he gets is bye.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh doll, parents can be tough.  They don't always understand, or notice...sometimes they're so caught up in thier own world that they forget their children have their own that they have to live in.  With bills to pay, doctors to schedule, work, carpooling, cleaning, etc..they tend to neglect the things that matter SO much to you.  You don't have those worries and responsibilities yet, sadly one day you will and then you'll see a little more of why he didn't always get it.  Not that I'm saying I back him up on not getting it, just that I understand how hard it is to see everything when you have so much to look at.  Hang in there, chin up, take life one day at a time love.  
Divine Secrets..my favorite line, 'but all the long term damage we do to ourselves.'  chew on it, but don't let it eat you up doll :)
xoxo~Bernadette :)