Saturday, November 19, 2005

Weekend Assignment

As I go through my e-mails and read alerts, I'm uncovering more and more friends who are leaving or have left AOL. I agree that the ads are wrong and that AOL needs to get a clue but, I can't leave. We're far flung right now and as I discover that journalers are leaving, I go to my alerts page and do what I hate to... I delete the alert. If they're only on boycott, I don't mess with it but, if they've moved, I am deleting alerts. Which is the suckiest thing in the world. As I watch my alerts list shrink and the number of blogs in my bookmarks (only non-AOL journals) grow, I get sadder and sadder. I will probably wind up leaving this community eventually. I will blog elsewhere but I would really rather not. I write differently every window I open. In LJ I write one way, in Xanga another, in MySpace a completely different way. Then I have another journal which only one person has my address to and it is completely uncensored. (No you cannot have the link.) I temporarily turned alerts off to By the Way... simply because of the sheer volume of alerts I have to catch up on. It looks like I can turn it back on though to make up for the number of journals I'm losing. For those of you who are leaving, I will follow you to your new journals as I have said. For those who are staying, this place doesn't feel the same, does it? As for this moment, I'm going to do what I do every week I can. I'm going to write my weekend assignment. I have not posted that here in months but I want to put it here today. So bear with me as I post things places I normally would not.

Weekend Assignment #86: Who are you thankful for -- who you won't be able to spend this Thanksgiving with? This is a chance to tell us about the people you care about who will be far away from you this holiday, or who have passed on but remain in your heart.

Extra Credit: Pumpkin pie vs. pecan pie -- which do you choose for Thanksgiving dessert?


Firstly, I'll be spending Thanksgiving at my mum's house with my stepdaddy, my sister, my grandpa, Shelia, Beth, my brother, and possibly some other people. Those are the people I will see this Thanksgiving. But I won't get to see my big "sister", Julia. I won't get to see my friends from school, my friends from JLand, or my friends I know here outside of school. There are a lot of people I won't see and I am grateful for (almost) all of them. I'll miss my friends that day. My friends help me through a lot of stuff (and vice versa). I spend most of my waking hours with them or talking to them. Without my darling friends, life would be far less entertaining and far less worth living.

I love you all and I miss you.

(Extra credit: Pumpkin pie, thank you very much.)

No comments: