Thursday, October 6, 2005

Wonders of my body

I love knowing my body is working. I love the feel of cramps. I love to feel my heart racing, pounding to get out of the cage it is in. I love the pure exhilaration that comes after a long steady jog or a short fast sprint. Feeling my body work amazes me. Seeing it function awes me. Though the world around me gets confusing, stressful, and worrisome, I can count on my hair to need washing every other day, my period to come every month, my heart to pound, my lungs to heave, my endorphins to kick in and make the confusion, the stress, and the worry fade. So maybe these joys bring problems of their own but these problems just reassure me evenmore that no matter what happens in the world outside, in my body, my biggest problems are the backache my period brings, the greasy hair that looks horrid, the racing of my heart  (which is a good thing, in my mind), the heaving, gasping breaths I take, and the fact that after the endorphins wear off, reality will intrude again and confusion, stress, and worry will reign. But at least my body works.

9/24/05

Vickey

No comments: