Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bugs and Prayers

I feel like my life mimics what I read is happening in your lives sometimes. I read it in your blog and it happens in mine. I read about Sara's operation get the moth and about Danielle's fall down the stairs and now, a moth flies at the screen and I flip. I got up and started shaking and what not to get the ickiness away. I paused for a moment to see if I would start crying or not. Instead, I started breathing rapidly (like you do when you're scared) and half-laughing. Of course, I call Lindz to get it out of my mind and to get reassured that it's just a moth, etc. She was asleep. So by now I'm full on laughing. Desperatly, in an attempt to do idk what. As Kurt Vonnegut said, "Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion.  I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward." So I choose desperate, hysterical laughter over desperate, hysterical tears. Quickly, I found another bug. I got Jason to take care of it. Then Joey found more. I was hysterical. Jay refused to kill 'em so I made him take them outside. Still haven't found the moth but the beetles are gone. I need a nice cup of tea and to go to bed.

Oh, and could you all pray for Keegan for me please? He's a guy in my class that I found out was hit by a car. He's lost his arm, which is horrible enough especially to someone this athleticly involved and he's in the hospital with internal injuries and kidney failure. They don't think he's going to make it. I've never been close to Keegan but, he is a great guy. He's our class president and he's a very enthusiastic person. Please just pray that God's will be done. If you don't pray, please send good, healing thoughts that way. Even if you never really talk to him, you can't help but like Keegan if he's in your class or whatnot. I'll keep you updated as I find out more. (Thanks for telling me, Jack.)

Love always,
Vickey

P.S. On a far less serious note, did you know you can change your font to something not in the selection? If AOL supports it in e-mail or IM or whatnot, you can have it in your journal. Go into HTML format and type <FONT face=Name>. Name should be the name of the font. Go back to Text format and type your entry. It should work. This entry is in Georgia, in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting info on the font!  will have to try that.  I usually just copy and paste from an email when i want to change the font but then have to go back and fix the spacing and what not.
Will definitely say a prayer for Keegan (cool name!).  I hope he pulls through, he's young and has a lot of life left ahead.
Take it easy and watch out for those scary flying things..yuck!
xoxo~B