Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Everything else I still had to post

Wednesday Night

This won't be on the lines at all but that's okay. I need to write, lines or not. I'm scared and I'm shaken up and I miss Smokey more than I have in a while. There was a bat. It flew in the attic window. I hid under my blanket. When it hid, I went downstairs. I'm sleeping on the loveseat b/c Joey got the couch. So I'm laying here and I want to feel safe and secure and I want Smokey purring atop my head and fuzz draped and, heck, I might even break out blankey if I were in the right time/place/space. But I'm not. I'm at Mom's with no fuzz, no blankey, a kitten who is too young to lie still long enough for me to fall asleep, a mother cat who is too busy pouncing on her kitten, and mere memories of Smokey. I miss my baby. Time to try to calm down and to gain a few precious hours of sleep before Samantha wakes up. I literally thought "Bat. Rabies. Shots. Hide! Tight. No spaces. Ahhh! Get it gone!" lol <~not really.

Good night,

Vickey

July 3

Friday was an, umm..., interesting day. We got up at 6am to leave for Dad's. Looooooong car ride. Get to Dad's Right as Dad was about to leave for court, Joey got in my face and I shoved him back. RIght into our glasstop coffee table. Joey starts stressing about how we're gonna be in so much trouble. He rushes to get Dad as I think "Crap. I'm gonna be grounded for a month." Dad freaks. Joey had a scrape on his arm and an ache in his back. Dad left and I planned to get in the shower. (It still hasn't happened.) Eventually, I start this work out from Seventeen magazine. Good thing I got distracted halfway through by a magazine. If I had finished it, I'd be in uberagony right now. Instead, the backs of my lower legs hurt (left more than right, in case you were wondering) from all the jumping. Around 7, Gramma picked us up to go to Aunt Donna's for the night. By 7:30, I was predicting a very long night! By 8, I was ready for bed but around 8:30 or 9, Rich and I started an intelligent conversation about physcological thrillers. 9:30-our conversation was interrupted. I was asleep by 11. Oh, read 4 chapters of Romans.

Saturday: Woken up at 7 something by Dad knocking on the door. Climbed into truck. Got back to Dad's and got ready. Becky was late. We drove out to Circle C and had an actual conversation.

No comments: