Thursday, July 21, 2005

My night

Last night during a very loooong conversation with Murph, I discovered that he has read every single one of my online journals except Ma serie de crisis (my private journal) and possibly myspace (I forgot to ask about that one). I kept asking him random questions and he asked if I was pulling them out of no where or out of a book or whatnot. I replied that most of them I was just thinking of but that some of them were inspired by The Journal Jar. When I went to explain what that was, he told me he'd read both my journal jar and the original journal jar. This is when I asked which of my journals he'd read.

My grandmother tells me I'm "twitter-pated" over him. I told her she's full of it. (Twitter-pated is what Disney says the animals in Bambi get in the spring. Basically, in heat. Great. Now I'm an animal.) Oh, and guess what? I have plans for approximatly a week.
Thursday (today): pack and sleep at Lindz
Friday: go to Darien Lake with Lindz and her dad
Saturday: still at Darien
Sunday: come back from Darien
Monday: VBS that morning, ice cream that night
Tuesday: VBS again
Wednesday: VBS that morning, pool that afternoon (pool the game, not the water) against Murph, and ER fireman's carnival/Ruby Shooz concert that night
Thursday: my last day of VBS
Friday: meet with my law guardian

And that's all I know of. But I actually have something to get up for every day til next Friday. I'm getting kind of bored with summer. It's a bit monotonus just sitting here every day. Guess I should do something like go down to the pool and get a tan or whatnot. You'd think I could at least be lazy outside, wouldn't you? Then again, if I were to laze by the pool, I'd get burnt seeing as how I can get burnt on a cloudy day in December. Yep, that's me. :) lol I'll get tan this weekend though. I got a tan at Kirsten's pool the other day. Scratch that. I got burnt. Then Monday, right when my sunburn was fading, I went to Stonybrook and got tanner. The only thing that burnt there was my chest (where I'd been burnt from Kirsten's the worst). So now I have a tan that will undoubtedly get stronger over the course of the weekend and I'll go to VBS looking like a lobster. After VBS, I'll take full advantage of the pool here and get more lobster-like.

I've been thinking lately about my time in NYC. I went with Gramma, Scott, and Red. Red had been Gramma's exchange student from Germany the year we had Julia. Red's real name is Julia but we called her Red a) to distinguish between the two and b) because her hair was dyed red for most of her year here. While we were there, I had my loooooong hair. It was nearly down to my arse. So during the heat of August, I wore it up every day, typically just in a ponytail. Red took my ponytail one day and was swinging it around and she started calling me a "freak on a leash". For you Korn fans, yes, it is a song from Korn. I didn't know that it was a song until Monday on the way to Stonybrook. The entire time I was in New York, I was called vampire, freak on a leash, and, toward the end of our vacation after I got the worst burn I've ever had on Fire Island, tomato. That was an amazing vaca though. I loved New York and I'd love to go back now that I can more fully appreciate the city. At eleven, I thought it was amazing to get out of Small Town, USA. Now, I've been out of Small Town, USA a few times (NY before 6th, and DC in 8th) and I'd love to see what's there that I didn't notice before or that I didn't have time to see in our two days in Manhattan. (We spent most of our time in this little town where our hotel was. Can't remember the name of it. It was really cool though.) Anybody wanna meet me in New York, New York? ;-)

Ever had a night you were really stressed out and had to turn down plans with a good friend because you didn't want to snap at them? Yeah... yesterday was like that after Dad got home. Well, let me start at the beginning. I woke up and got ready and Gramma drove me to the community center to meet Lindz and her lover-boy. (hahaha) (her new crush, not her new bf, yet) So I hung out there til about 4 when Lindz's Dad picked us up and drove me home. (BTW: Josh is a pretty nice guy, Lindz. And I swear I know him from somewhere before Linear but I can't remember where. He looks really familiar. Especially his eyes. Idk y though.) After that, I hung out here for a bit and salvaged something for dinner. When Dad got home, I was on the phone with Lindz and I was gonna go over to her house to help pack up the pots and pans and whatnot and to (finally) hear her dish. I planned to take a shower first though because my hair was disgusting. *pauses to dance to Brooks and Dunn's Something Country* *back but still dancing and singing in my chair* Dad didn't want me to go over there in the first place so I had Lindz explain it to him. He agreed and he'd drive me there and her dad would drive me back. I was lounging about in mybathrobe and pjs so Dad told me to get dressed. I said I was taking a shower first but he said I couldn't. I didn't have time. I had a small window of patience with him. I called Lindz back and said I wasn't coming. I was very aggrivated at this point. I explained the situation and that I wasn't going anywhere without showering, sorry. She offered to let me shower there but, I didn't want to. I wanted to use my shampoo and conditioner and had to use my soap (I use Dial soap b/c it repels mosquitoes more than other soap and I was highly allergic to mosquito bites as a child). I wound up deciding to take a hot bath. This meant I'd have to clean the tub first. So 5 minutes of cleaner and sponge later, I rinsed the tub out and went downstairs to get the salt and a hot drink. (Salt keeps the heat in the water longer. I always add it to my bath.) I grabbed my candles and some toothpicks (to light the stubborn ones at weird angles). The new Harry Potter, my CD player, and a towel also accompanied me. I put my bath oil into the tub. Never having used this before, I didn't know how slippery it would make the tub. For the next hour, I periodically filled the tub a bit more, slid around the tub while trying to get into a new position, and read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. After I got sick of soaking, I showered and slid out of the bathtub and into my bedroom. When I got dried and dressed, I called Lindz and talked to her for a bit. When we got off the phone, I called Murph. This was around 9 or 9:30, I think. At 9:50, Dad kicked me off the phone for a bit so he could call Gail (who had come over before I got in the tub and left shortly before Dad confiscated the phone). By 10:10, I was back on the line with Murph and that conversation lasted until 12:30 in the morning. I went to bed, for the first time in about three or four days, without feeling empty and depressed. I woke up this morning and haven't done much today. I'm still in my pj shirt (but I did throw on jeans) and I've read more of Harry Potter and I'm just lazing about procrastinating. I have to pack my bag and I'll start that about 5, I guess. Til then, GH and Strong Medicine, and clean my room, FLY style (aka 15 minutes at a time).

Love always,
Vickey

P.S. You might not see me around til Monday or thereabouts. So, have a great weekend and I'll miss ya. You'll get the full scoop when I get back.

No comments: