Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Jake's party and the week after

June 27

Crisis at the moment: Samantha's having trouble passing waste. Basically, when baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Crisis over for now. Baby's asleep. Back to my saga.

By 6, Lindz, Colleen, and I were making our grand entrance. By 7, we were all waitin' on Murph. Rather than do this, I'll take the Murph approach to this party: go by person (and some events).

People

Dan: didn't see much of him. Attached to Samantha at the hip for most of the night.

Samantha: again, didn't see much of her. driven home by Murph. Said about 2 words to her (and vice versa) about our height (we're both on the short side)

Tim: aka Two-Toned Tim or Trippy. Murph's little brother. Pretty cool. Kinda cute. Seems very innocent. DIdn't talk to him much either. (No, I wasn't too anti-social.)

Alex: CUTE!! If he were single, I may well have snogged him. Great at DDR. Flirted with Lindz. Involved in the supernatural conversation.

Carrie: Flirted with Lindz all night long. Knew her stuff in the supernatural conversation.

Kate: didn't see much of her, I think. (Got her and Carrie confused a lot.) Was going to sleep there but didn't.

Murph: my hero! lol Inspired 2 poems in 1 night. (this is a big deal). Snogged Colleen for her birthday gift from me. Didn't snog Lindz for her birthday gift to Colleen. Got there later than most everyone else. Involved in, like, everything!

Rob: the storyteller of the night. entertained us all with a story about his utterly highness one night. Barely remembered who I was, loved certain events, wanted me to jump (I didn't). Involved in a lot.

Sean: (getting bored with this format...) (screw this. Sorry people. On to events...)

Events (in no *real* order)

Supernatural conversation: Alex, Carrie, Lindz, and I. Colleen, too, I think (for part of it). We talked about Wicca, spirits, ghosts, vampires, banshees, and other such things. Carrie really knew her stuff. Alex knew more than I thought he would. This lead to running #2...

Running #1: I just didn't see a point in standing there with nothing to say so I ran to the other side of the house. I came back soon enough.

Running #2: As we sat in the garage talking, I felt inspiration strike. I sat on the beanbag and began to write my first poem of the night. Jake sat down next to me. I was OK with that. His arm went around my waist and he leaned to see what I was writing. That is something you do not do. When I am writing poetry or songs, you don't see until I say you can. I shielded my work. Eventually, I pulled Colleen over and asked, "How do you think my boyfriend would feel about Jake's arm being around me?" Shortly after, I repeated the question to Murph who replied "Well, you were gonna [snog me] out of spite." I sat back and finished writing for the time being. After a moment, I shoved my purse at Colleen, told her to watch it, and ran. I was headed around the house but it was dark and I hate to be alone outside in a place I'm unfamiliar with in the dark. Instead, I ran to the steps. Shortly after, Murph ran over to me and sat next to me. We talked about Jake and Bryan and how I wasn't certain of anything. I said, "Right now, I'm not certain of anything except that you smell really good." So Murph wrapped his arms around my neck and I just completely relaxed and forgot about all the stress I was going through and breathed in his smell deeply. Right about then, Jake walked over and asked if he was interrupting. Well, yeah but I wasn't about to say that. I start babbling about what the third "forbidden" topic is (politics, religion, and what?). Eventually, Sean and Rob came over and Jake sat down next to me. I skootched (sp?) closer to Murph and rested my head on his shoulder. Once again, Jake misread my signs and put his arm around my lower back. Oh, and while I was babbling, I mentioned Bryan and let enough be said so Jake would know I still had a boyfriend. After some chit-chat, Murph stood up and told me to hop on his back. This is the next event...

Piggyback: I climbed onto Murph's back and he just kinda walked around. It was completely innocent and harmless but it put me in a really good mood. While I was on his back, Rob took my shoe off and was tickling my foot. So completely innocent, totally improved my state of mind, inspired two poems with one simple act. This lead to...

Poetry: As I sat on the couch, writing my second and third poems of the night, Rob looked over my shoulder to see what I was doing. (This I was OK with because he was farther away than Jake had been and was merely trying to see what I was doing not trying to read every word.) He asked if I wanted to read one of his poems. So he brought it out and Colleen and I read it. It was amazing. Soon our next event occured...

Storytelling: Rob detailed basically what happened after Jake's last party that I was at. Lots of vodka, lots of marijuana (none of which came out until after the girls left.) I'll leave that story untold though. Basically, don't smoke lots of marijuana, drink lots of vodka, and expect to function well.

Knight: Murph swept me upside down, off my feet and I made some comment about how he must be my knight in shining armor because he'd just swept me off my feet. Idk. It was an off-hand comment but, it was memorable and yeah....

Roadside: Colleen, Sean, Rob, and I hung out by the road for a while. We just kinda stood there and talked. Colleen and I sat in the middle of the road. This is going to sound lame but, it was such a thrill! It's a busy road at day and at night there's a car every minute or so. Sitting in the middle of the road and not knowing when or if you'll have to move was thrilling. (If you're just joining us, yes, I am a good girl as evidenced by the fact that sitting in the middle of the road is a thrill.) Colleen soon got bored and decided to flash the cars. Rob loved the idea. So Colleen randomly flashes different cars. Some guys doubled back! They pulled over to the side and start saying, "You know you almost caused us to get into an accident." Nobody realized what they meant until they pulled away and asked for "one for the road".

Braless: This was a *fun* event. ::sarcasm:: Quite embarassing, actually. First, Colleen unhooks and pulls off my bra (shirt remained in place). I get it back on and Rob and Lindz pull it off. I go back inside and put it on in the bathroom. When I got out, Colleen took it off! I begged for it back. She refused. I begged Lindz to get it back. No luck. I begged Murph to get it for me. His response? (As my head is buried in his chest) "Vickey, it's a tit-bit nippy out. Breast you put a jacket on." *whack* right across his stomach and yell at Lindz to get me my sweater til I can get my bra back. Either Murph or Lindz flipped me upside down after Rob asked me to jump up and down. Joe's eyes were fixed at breast level. I got my bra back and went behind the shed to put it on. Colleen came to hold my sweater up in front of me. I warned anyone if they came back that I'd murder them. Nobody tried. But as I was fastening it (correction, as Colleen was fastening it for me), Carrie ran off followed by Lindz followed by Murph. Colleen took off and so did I. Pile. Later (like five minutes), I was sitting on the hood of Murph's car. Rob and Joe looked at me and go "Is it back on?" "Yeah." Then Joe says, "Ya know, they've actually got a nice shape." I wound up with my head in Murph's chest alot that night.

Jake's pity party: Jake was kind of depressed because of a billion reasons including that he felt Lindz and I hadn't spent enough time with him. We really hadn't said much to him but Jake gives off this vibe that pushes people away. Girls at least. If I had said yes any of the times he's aksed me out. I know he'd be clingy and obsessive and all over me. I get very uncomfortable when people act like that. So Jake was feeling sorry for himself and was depressed and talked to Alex about it. (See why Jake doesn't have access to this?)

Good-byes: Alex was laying on the ground, exhausted from DDR so I hugged him like that (I was not about to leave w/o hugging him.) I hugged Rob and Carrie. Oh, wait, no. She'd already left. I hugged other people, too. Murph pulled back in after dropping Carrie off and I hugged him (AGAIN!) and said thank you (AGAIN!). I hugged Jake. Oh, and because it was after 12, I slapped their arses. Alex stood up and walked over and I said I wanted a real hug. "No you don't. You just want to slap my ass." "No, I really want a hug... but now that you mention it... *smack*." (Did I mention he was cute?) By the time hugs and slaps and good-byes and thank yous were done, it was 12:18. My curfew was 12:00. Colleen was sleeping over and we decided Lindz would, too. So we went to her dad's for her cell charger and blanket and I dug out my key. When we got to Dad's, I prayed he'd be asleep and the door would be unlocked. He was dead asleep but the door was locked. I opened the door and grabbed Colleen's stuff off the couch while the girls scurried silently upstairs. SLeeping arrangements were decided and fixed. As I lay down at 1am, I wanted so desperatly to fall asleep. Every muscle in my body screamed SLEEP but after 6 hours of DDR, piggybacks, and other party-ness, my mind was wired. By 2am, I fell into an exhausted sleep.

Unfortunately, it is now a week later and the next week will be blogged vaguely, if at all.

Friday: Lindz and I hung out for hours and Mom picked Joey and I up.

Sunday: Made homemade ice cream "It was great."

Monday: Sami had poop problems.

Tuesday: I stepped on a bee. Ow.

Wednesday: Bat night. Called Bryan. Left message.

Thursday: Mom's tweezing my eyebrows, my foot still hurt from the bee sting. Preparation for court.

No comments: