Monday, August 15, 2005

Before and after

Before FLYlady, what would today have been like? First, let me set the scene. It's Monday, almost the end of summer, and I'm home completely alone. I repeat, what would today have been like before FLYlady?

I would have woken up around noon.
I'd still be sitting here in my pajamas.
My teeth would be unbrushed.
My hair would be a rat's nest.
I would be wiping sleep from my eyes still.
The next few hours would be wasted on the computer.
My "breakfast" would have been about 40 minutes ago and would have consisted of two or three chocolate chip cookies.
My laundry would be piled up in my closet.
My room would be a complete mess.
I'd still have my glasses on.

Instead, do you know what today's been like so far?

I woke up around 8, got dressed, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, moisturized my face, took my pills, put in my contacts, and made my bed.
Sure, I have stuff on my desk and my dresser but, you can see great spans of space in between.
I've been on and off the computer all day.
I had half a turkey sandwich for breakfast.
I had a toasted tuna (with french dressing instead of mayo mixed in) sandwich, a banana, a few stale pretzels, and a chocolate chip cookie for lunch.
I ran a load of laundry (that was far too full but, opps).
I spent fifteen minutes going through garbage bags of stuffed animals in the basement (I still have to clean them up though).
I cleaned the windows of the front and back door.
I took out the trash.
I dusted the horiziontal surfaces.
I participated in the Monday Photo Shoot.
I ranted at Jake in an entry in my Xanga.
I made tentitive plans for tomorrow.
I've drinken (drunk? drank?) approximately 5 glasses of water.
I still have to spend some time cleaning up my room.
I still have to take a shower and shave (again, how often must I reference that in this journal?!).
I'm watching Prelude to a Kiss with Meg Ryan and Alec Baldwin (who annoys me, at least in this movie).

Do you see the difference? Going to read more of Gone With The Wind and finish watching the movie. Oh, one other thing I did was clean up the mess in the basement yesterday. I fixed the couch, trashed the deck of cards that's missing a few cards, and picked up the art supplies that fell on the ground. Time to go. Oh, I have to bless my heart, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got to agree that getting up and dressing to the shoes really does help me feel motivated.  I still slack some, but it's amazing what I can get done in 15 minutes now :)

xoxo~B