Monday, August 8, 2005

Modesty and mystery

When I do show some skin (aka my Halloween costume this year), the guys tend to notice. When I do bust out the mini-skirt or wear a dress, guys tend to notice. When I wear my hair down and put make-up on, guys notice. Just simply because I don't show skin every day. There are girls at my school that on any given day, you can probably see more skin than not. There are girls that wear their hair perfect every day and they wear make-up done exquisitely every day. I don't. I'm more reserved. Even today, I'm wearing a dress. It's *just* above my knee and it's modest but, I have my hair up and no make-up on. You don't get everything on one day. You can see me in tight jeans quite often but seeing my legs is a privilege, not a right with me. I know how to use what I have (and don't have) to my advantage. I know how to smile just the right way and get a guy to melt. I know how to flirt and get my way. I know what to wear and how to wear it to have the boys panting but I don't. I could do that every day and I could care but I don't! Instead, I save my energies for my studies and my friends and my writing. When I choose to use my energies like that, it's not for the guys. It's for me. If I wake up and feel like crap, I have two choices: wear sweats and feel crappy all day or put on tight jeans and a nice shirt and do my make-up. If I opt for the first, I'll feel cruddy all day long and I'll regret wearing my sweats because it'll keep me feeling crappy. If I get kinda dressed up and I do my make-up, I might feel fake at first but then I'll get a compliment on my shirt or I'll have somebody flirting with me in the corner and it'll boost my ego just enough to make me stop feeling cruddy and start feeling cute or pretty or whatever. If you see me wearing my favorite jeans, you're not gonna know if it's a normal day or if it started as a crappy one or if it started out as a great one. But if you see me with my make-up done, you'll know it started out crappy. If you see me with my make-up done but not like eyeliner and whatnot, you'll know it started off great. Showing a bit of skin every now and then gets me more attention than the girls that bare it all every day. When I do show something off, I can probably count off at least half a dozen guys before first period that I caught staring. When I don't, I don't notice any stares but it keeps me a bit more mysterious. That and the fact that I don't flirt my head off with everybody. If I like somebody, I'll flirt but I don't flirt just to flirt. Most of the time. I gotta go. I've sat here for too long writing. And I'm starting to ramble.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of this is so true.  But it's not important what skin a guy sees, but what he sees in that skin.  Guys will always 'notice' the girl who's wearing very little, or is all done up...but they'll 'see' you.
I like wearing jeans and old comfy clothes, but I also LOVE to dress up and put on heels and diamonds.  I wear make-up...usually just face and some blush and eyelashes done, some days I go all out and do crazy colors, some days I just wash my face and call it a day :)
It's all about being you...not what you think other people want you to be, or being something you're not to 'get' people to like you for that trend.  Beauty comes and goes, but what you have inside of you will last you a lifetime doll :)

xoxo~B