Saturday, June 11, 2005

5/16

5/16

Yesterday, how do I blog yesterday? Well, I woke up at 6:45(am!?!) and Mom, Joey, and I left for Dad's by 7. Pretty uneventful drive. Had really bad allergies so we had to stop at a mini mart and buy tissues. We go to Dad's  and (surprise, surprise) nobody's home and the door is locked. Mom calls the cops and an officer comes and blah blah blah. (I know this might be the interesting part for y'all but for me, it's just another day. Long story short, nobody's being arrested and Dad is in the wrong.) Mom took us to stay at Lindsay's Dad's for the day. I got on his computer (with permission of course) and I spent most of the day catching up on alerts. It took me from about 10 am to probably 3 pm to read all the alerts I had. Then, I filtered some of the elsewhere (like activities and a few long, long, long winded journalers (not that I don't love you long writers. I just wanted to get through as many as possible.) All the Saturday Sixes, Journal Jar questions, and surveys are waiting for me along with your responses (I don't read them until after I respond). So catching up is still not quite complete but is one hell of a lot closer. After I caught up, Joey left for Jordan's (and thank God because he was annoying the hell out of me) and I got in the shower. Lindz and I talked for a while and I was eating a Bit O'Honey when  I felt something crunchy. Thinking it was paper, I pulled out the bit in my mouth and inspected it. No such luck. No visible anything but... wait a minute... aw crap. (My lower retainer is just a bar of metal cemented behind my lower front teeth. There are no rules for what I can and can't eat with it.) My retainer's busted. The cement came off one of the middle teeth. Good thing my next ortho/dentist apt. is on Tuesday. But it was like taking a tight ponytail down after a long day. The tension is released and your head hurts. The tooth freed hurts and the wire is far more obvious in my mouth now. I have no wax and neither does Lindz so I asked John (Lindz's dad) if he'd take us to Wegman's so I could get a couple wax bottles to use the wax on my retainer. But not before Lindz and I finished our fight over the mouse in which we opened a billion new windows and caused a billion things to happen including biting, blowing, falling, tumbling, and dirtifying. Which was so hilarious. Basically, we both wanted the mouse and wouldn't give it up. (BTW: During my computer catch-up, Lindz was on the phone with Aric, the 34-year-old Pizza Hut server, for 3 hours.) So we went to Wegman's and got some crap. I don't remember the next bit (it's now 6/2) but eventually we went to Ali's and hung out with Ali. Oh, and I met Nick. I took a billion pictures I missed the one shot I really wanted. By this point, I really don't remember the rest of the night. I do remember feeling great and that I slept at Lindsay's. I was late for school the day I began this entry and I was sent to tardy with Lindz. We pissed off the "teacher" by conversing (mostly in sign or by mouthing it).

Skipping ahead to last night... or actually two nights ago (6/1). Senior solos. I met Lindz there but she would up sitting w/Nick and them. I sat with Kim and Christian. Kim and I were so impressed with Lester! He's never sounded that good in voice class! A bunch of other people went too and WOW! They were all so good. Afterward, I felt out of place and out of my skin. So I ran. When I started to run back, I got a cramp in my stomach and I hobbled my way back. Lindz wanted to make plans for the next day (6/2) but wouldn't tell me why or for what. Dad said I could go though. This brings me to yesterday. I woke up, went to school, uhhh boringness. I honestly don't remember much before John picked me up. I got in the car and we went to pick Lindz up from Sylvan. Apparently, my surprise was actually something I was planning for a later date. We saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Cute movie. But now I want to go to Greh-EE-ce and find myself a Costos. I squee-ed my way through the last half hour or so. lol. Good movie. Made me want to flirt though. When I hopped out of the car, I didn't step out. I kinda shimmied and swerved my way out. Feet on ground, lean back, knees out, lean knees forward with torso back, snap up. Lindz was amused. So I twirled to my yard and laid down for a minute in the grass. Felt won-der-ful. Got up and went inside.

How was the movie?
Fine. I think I'm drunk.
You may not want to come in and say that.
No, not like drunk but nuts.
You're probably just happy. You're not that way often so you can't identify it.
Dad, just shut up.
{insert explosion, my grabbing a water bottle and dashing upstairs with good mood mostly intact}

Lindz had texted me so I called her for a minute on my cell.

 

For some reason, that's where this entry ends. Sorry. Basically, I just went to sleep after that I think.

Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good time :)  I want to see that movie but Pey wants to see Sharkboy & Lavagirl first...sheesh!
xoxo~B

Anonymous said...

OK... OK so I musta mist something about your mom calling the cops and no one getting arrested. What was THAT all about?

"But it was like taking a tight ponytail down after a long day." Hee hee trying to envision me doing that, once my hair was long enough for a ponytail and I put one in, NOT a very flattering reaction from my wonderful family. *SIGH* Dingbat, I may do it again, just to peeve them off.

Listening to the CD Pirates of the Caribbean....oh GAWD is it EVER GOOD!!!!! Dancing at the puter. But wehre was I?

Yeah the The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.... actually sounds interesting. I want to see the new Batman Movie. Yeah love that stuff.

Nuff said... toodles