Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Written before homecoming

I was raised in a football family in a soccer town. Every Sunday during the fall, I could smell pasta or chili cooking and could hear the football game going on as I read a book. Of course, since I tune the world out when I'm reading, I only hear the game vaguely and thus have no idea about the rules. Now, I live in a football family in a football town. Our homecoming game is football where as in my old town they have a soccer game. Football is the traditional homecoming sport, right? So though I know nothing about the game, I do know this. We're playing R.H. on our field at 2 o'clock today. No matter how much or how little I pay attention to the game, it should be a unique experience. Last year's game, I didn't have a clue what was going on. This year, I intend to know what the score is and who has the ball, at least. I've gotta go get ready. I'm going to Lindz's til tomorrow. I'll update from there. Homecoming 2005, here I come!

No comments: