Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Eighteen more sleeps!

I feel special right now. Very special. Sara sent me an e-card and I love it. My birthday is on the twentieth. I can not wait. It's gonna be great. I cannot wait. With Mom that day until whenever. I'll be with her when I turn 15 (at 4:27pm) then I have the lock-in that night. It's gonna be great. Okay, so onto my other prewritten entries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So will moving change who I am? I'd like to think not. There's not really much I want to do that I can't do here. It's just that I want to have that choice. Dad's trying to take away my choices, my freedoms. I just don't want to fight with him anymore. I don't want to fight with anyone. I think the only way to accomplish that is to move out for a while. Maybe by senior year, I can move back to graduate with my friends. I'll be the same person there, won't I? I'll still be strong in my faith, still be the same poetic, romantic Pisces. I'll still be confident (well, as much as I am now). I'll still be me. I'll just have a new home, new room, less fighting, less tension, less friends. It's so hard to keep in touch with all your friends when you move. I know I'll probably lose some frienships (since I've basically lost all my friends from my old town) but those I do keep in contact with will be my dearest friends. I mean, who knows how long I'll be living there? If Dad and I get along great when I'm there and we have a good relationship however long from now, I might move back. Hell, for all I know, a summer away might do the trick. But I can't deal with everyday fighting for the next five months. Five months is twenty weeks which is 3360 hours. I'll spend about 1286 hours and forty minutes of that at Dad's house awake. That's a lot of time to wait for a summer retreat.

Love always,
Vickey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A change will do you some good I think. It won't change who you are trust me I moved from house to house parent to parent when I was growing up and I'm still the same person I always was. ~*Tara*~

Anonymous said...

    You are special right now, tomorrow and you will be even moreso in eighteen sleeps or 432 hours!  Birthdays are wonderful, no matter how many you have.
    Guess I have a couple of thoughts on your move, if you don't mind.  First, I wonder if your dad is taking away your choices and freedoms or...if, because you're growing up, you're just wanting more choices and freedoms that he's hesitatant to give you.  Growing up can be as hard for parents as it is for kids because parents can't handle (or don't want to yet) the changes in their kids.  Second, would you have all the freedoms and choices that you want at your mom's and with that I need to ask, are all the freedoms and choices you want good for you?  Some of my choices and freedoms haven't always been the best ones for me.  And I know me, if I'd been given too much freedom as a teen, I would have abused the privilege and I wouldn't be the person I am today.
    I hope I'm not adding more confusion.   I know sometimes the grass is greener someplace else, but quite often, it's never as good as what we thought it would be...love, cal

Anonymous said...

I got your Birthday wrong!!
And then I thought it was on the 12th!!
I would have sent you another card on the 12th too!!
Sigh, am terrible with dates :o)
Glad you liked the card, even though it was early.
So you're moving to your Mum's.  Am sure that you will get on much better with your Dad and that whatever went wrong will be fixed pretty quickly.  
You'll be the same person, wherever you live.  And you'll make new friends, though it's always a good idea to try your hardest to keep the ones you already have too.  
Take care hon, and keep smiling :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Your birthday week is a busy one ;)  your b-day, then the aniiversary of when Chris and I moved in together is the 24, and his b-day is the 26.  I'm glad you've got great plans, lock-ins were so much fun :)
Adapting to new surroundings doesn't mean that you'll have to change who you are.  Maybe you shouldn't give up on Dad so quickly, maybe a summer away would give you time to work things out with him while you have somewhere else to hang out...they do say that absence makes the heart grow fonder ;)  Whatever you do, make this decision for you, noone else....those who love and support you will be there to back up whatever choice you make.
Take care of yourself doll~
xoxo~Bernadette