Friday, February 11, 2005

Reflection

My friend once told me, "Ya know, it's okay for you to enjoy this. And you can tell me." She was talking about the hand massage she was giving me that felt wonderful. But I, for some reason, couldn't appreciate it. I couldn't tell her how amazing it felt and I couldn't relax and enjoy it. I think I need to take that advice and apply it to life. It's hard for me to relax and enjoy life. When I do take time out and relax and enjoy things, I don't appreciate it. I don't express my graditude. If I do get treated to something, like a manicure, I can't relax and enjoy it. I can't say how good it feels. This isn't meant to sound wrong in any way, shape, or form. It's just meant to be. I need to relax and enjoy life and I need to say when I do. I need to treat myself. Give myself a pedicure instead of just painting my toenails. I need to go get my nails done or recruit a friend and then treat her as well. Maybe this is just the ramblings of a teenage girl but it's the thoughts inside my head at the moment. Valentine's Day for me is not going to be about expressing my love for my boyfriend, since I have none. It's going to be about loving myself and being good to me. That is my Valentine's Day. Enjoy your day, however you spend it. And go treat yourself. Go get a banana split. With all the trimmings. Treat yourself and don't feel bad about it.

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go in for a professional massage once a month,  for the longest time I couldn't relax during ..heck before or after it either.  I just couldn't stop myself from being uptight.  STRESS ya know?  I would tense up but eventually I learned to do a lot of deep breathing and concentrate on just letting my muscles go.  It isn't easy.  I hope you can find away because it is so important for our health.
Haven't been to your journal in awhile, I have a lot of reading to catch up on.
Luv ya,
Promise

Anonymous said...

OK, will head out for a banana split with all the trimmings :o)
Yaaay!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that does massage and gives me full body massages...it's SOOOO hard for me not to giggle and squirm!  Of course I guess only wearing drawers and a sheet has something to do with the not being able to relax!  I don't do pedicures because I can't take people playing with my feet!  You should definitely treat yourself, and don't feel bad about it at all.  I'm spending Valentines day with Pey and my mom, Chris already gave me roses because he has to work.  It's all about the Hallmarks on Valentines day anyhow..may as well spoil yourself!
Have a WONDERFUL Valentines Day doll!
xoxo~Bernadette