Saturday, February 26, 2005

Late Sunday Brunch

I'm down to 50 e-mails and that number can go down further when I realize that the weekend assignment and photo scavenger hunt must both be skipped for the second week in a row. :o( That sucks. But I have no time! Boohoo! Time for the Sunday Brunch, from 2/20 (!), and then a shower!

"Turn them on, turn them on, turn on those sad songs. When all hope is
gone, why don't you tune in and turn them on?" -Elton John

1) Do you have a song with your significant other and what is it? I have no significant other but I do have songs with friends and family members. Mom and me have "You are my sunshine". Jaci and me have David Ball's "Private Malone". Dad and I have Garth Brooks' "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and I think "My Girl". Samantha and I kinda have "Animal Crackers" by Shirley Temple (Animal crackers in my soup, monkeys and rabbits loop the loop. Gosh, oh, gee, how I have fun, swallowing animals one by one.) but that's not a strict thing.
2) Name three songs that were special to you with former significant others. Do you still think of that person when you hear it? I thought of Tom when I heard Rascall Flatt's "God Bless the Broken Road" and unfortunatly, I do think of him sometimes when I hear it. But mostly I just love the song. No real significant others though.
3) What is your favorite song of the moment? This moment, I'm loving Come What May by Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor from Moulin Rouge.
4) Do you associate songs with time periods? Give an example. Ummmm.... kinda. The songs "Daddy's Hands" and "Grandpa, Tell me bout the Good Old Days" remind me of when I was in third or fourth. I can't really explain it. Some songs I'll hear and immediatly it triggers a memory even if I can't remember it. I mean, I'll know it's tied to something I just can't pinpoint what.
5) If you were to give your job a theme song, what song would it be and why? "No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers, dirty looks. When the teacher rings the bell, drop your books and run like h*ll." because I want to get out of school! Or "Take this job and shove it" for the same reason. Or "The Friday Song" because it means school is out for 2 glorious days!

That's it! Time to take that darned shower!

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Songs are amazing in how they can be tied to specific memories or times. Elton John's "Crocodile Rock" and "Social Disease (From Goodbye Yellowbrick Road)" will always remind me a my 1st high school sweetheart. The Beatles remind me of hanging with my sis as a kid and listenting to "Michele" on her car radio.

Hope you enjoyed that shower! Toodles.

Anonymous said...

'Our' song, for me and hubby is 'Always and Forever'.  Ahh, makes me smile just to think of it :o) <-- see!!
Love Elton John songs!  Elton John is a huge Watford FC - football club - supporter, and was in fact their chairman for many years.  My Dad is a Watford FC supporter also, and buys a season ticket every year, always has the same seats, right behind the box where Elton sits whenever he goes!  
Bit of useless information for you there!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Take this job and shove it LOL!  you're a trip doll.  I love that song Daddy's hands, it reminds me of this little thing my dad used to tell me...when you get mad at someone you love, take their hands in yours and just look at them, think of all the things those hands do for you and before you can count to ten whatever upset you won't matter a bit ;)
xoxo~Bernadette