Friday, February 4, 2005

Old entry (as is the one below it, btw)

Today. Today I'm depressed. I can't go to youth group tonight and while that phone call to Tom gave me way too much energy, the though of not seeing him has me way too depressed. Not only him but the whole atmosphere. I live for that. Some weeks, it's what gets me through. It rejuvenates my spirit, my mind. An hour with my friends. Talking about God and Jesus and aspects of our lives. It's just a routine, a mental replenishing. One that I really need. Sunday. I'll go Sunday night. Maybe I'll even check out that church by Mom's house Sunday morning. Or maybe I'll get her to take me to a different one. Or I could have my own "church" by reading my Bible upstairs on Sunday morning. I don't know. I can figure that out later.

This morning, I missed the bus. Got ready and Gramma (henceforth known as BG) drove me to school. She started talking about how I should control my emotions and how my mother isn't a good example and if I won't listen to her, I should listen to the Bible. *barf* As she's talking to me about all that, ya know what I thought of.... POP-TARTS! Pop-tarts *small smile* and chocolate *smile grows* and giggles with Lindz *teeth now showing* and towels hot from the dryer *even as I write this I'm smiling* I decided I should stop before I laughed because BG would get ticked. Ha. So outta the car and through Crack Alley, some girl said she liked my shirt and pants. *smile* She had no idea how much I needed that. I got into school and to my locker and *damn* the bell rings. So I go to attendance and get into a fight with the lady. She hates me. I didn't have a note b/c my parent wasn't home and they don't accept them from Lindz's mom when I'm there for the night so why should they accept one from BG? "Parent or guardian." But she's not my guardian. "She's a blood relative." Well so is my brother.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm...poptarts and chocolate!
Would have made me smile too :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

sorry about the tardy :(  it takes time to learn to control your emotions, but maybe you shouldn't be so quick to brush off grammas advice..she's been around a while ;)  ya never know what kind of insight those older and wiser may have;)
Have a great weekend at your moms doll!
xoxo~B