Thursday, February 3, 2005

Sunday Brunch (early, not late)

Posted early because the writer is going on a trip. I'm doing it early because a) I don't want to leave it in my inbox to fill it and b) I'll be at Mom's this weekend and c) it's a great topic.

"There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You
will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or
even your bathtub." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

1) Do you take baths or showers? Showers on most days, baths to relax
2) Do you like the water super hot or just tepid? Not hot enough to burn but hot enough so that I have to get in to a bath very slowly (and a shower gets turned hotter as I get used to it)
3) Do you use bath gel, bath crystals, bubble bath, or other scented
stuff? In a bath? Yes. Bubble bath, crystals, and/or fizzies.
4) What do you like to do when you take a bath? There are a lot of sick people out there that could answer this really weird. I'm not one of them. I either just soak or read or listen to the radio. Or all of the above.
5) What is your one item essential to a great bath? Candles. Must have my candles. Lots of them to illuminate the bathroom. I don't use artifical light when I soak. A clean tub is another must have.

 

So there is my bathtime Sunday Brunch. Onto other things.....

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am having a go at Sunday Brunch - yaaay!!
1.  Baths, we don't have a shower.
2.  Like the water soooper hot!
3.  I use baby bath, like the bubbles :o)
4.  I LIKE to relax and soak, maybe take a book with me.  What actually happens though, since the arrival of J, is that I have to rush, unless it's a weekend and hubby is home.
5.  One item essential to a GREAT bath, would have to be hubby at home to watch J, so that I can relax and soak and read.
Fun!!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

oooh, I love this one ;)
1.  both, depends on the mood
2.  SUPER hot, I like steamy baths and showers
3.  Scented bath gel...any bath rocks I get Pey ends up swiping ;)
4.  Grab a drink, burn some lavendar oil, turn on a CD and lay in the tub
5.  I'm with you on a clean tub, that's a must and the candles..but I have to leave the vent fan on or I'll suffocate and the vent fan has a light.  My one must is at least an hour of child/man free time to enjoy it!

Have a great weekend at your moms!
xoxo~B