Tuesday, March 29, 2005

15 years.... 10 years.... 5 years.... etc.

15 Years Ago, I:
1. was about a month old
2. couldn't talk
3. couldn't walk
4. slept through the vaccum cleaner
5. was being woken up to eat

10 Years Ago, I:
1. was in kindergarten and I loved it
2. thought my parents could do no wrong
3. was best friends with Summer L
4. thought I'd never move
5. loved my Gumpy (who could also do no wrong)

5 Years Ago, I:
1. moved (my second move, but first school change)
2. met Lindsay
3. loved school (Mrs. Otto helped)
4. knew my parents wouldn't last forever
5. was best friends with Tori

3 Years Ago, I:
1. was twelve and in the sixth grade
2. went to NYC
3. didn't cry when 9/11 happened
4. still held onto that shred of hope that my parents would get back together

1 Year Ago, I:
1. was still a lowly middle-schooler
2. slept at Liz's house all the time
3. was helping Liz raise her grades
4. thought Lindz was going down the wrong path

4 months ago, I:
1. was still deciding if I should move or not
2. realized I wasn't as over Jon as I thought
3. missed Liz (still do)
4. was acing all my courses
5. thought Smokey would live forever.

Yesterday, I:
1. wished it was Saturday
2. actually did my homework
3. saw The Breakfast Club for the first time
4. taped Sixteen Candles
5. decided that I'm not dating anyone until at least my sophmore year (aka til this fall) if not until my sweet sixteen

Today, I:
1. forgot to wear a dress :(
2. read a short story out of my English teacher's book
3. fell in love with Shakespeare (again)
4. sat on the big rock that you see Lindz on (see bottom of screen)
5. wore my hair in pigtails all day

Tomorrow, I:
1. have youth group (if I can find out how to get there)
2. will begin to read Romeo and Juliet
3. might actually do something on time
4. am wearing my "hippie" clothes (I'll get a picture)
5. hope Rach ain't gonna kill me :)

 The pile of snow on the side of it is gone though. In fact, most of the snow is gone! And tomorrow should be 60 degrees Fahrenheit (that's about 15 degrees Celsius and I did that in my head)! YAY! Must go either drag out bike or running clothes. It's a beautiful day!

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how much can happen in such a short period of time. Think of how far you have come in brief period of time... and far you still have to go. Which is why you must very, very good, exceptional care of yourself because you have so much to offer and will touch other's lives in fantastico ways!

Yeah fifteen years ago... heck even LAST year I thought I'd never move! Yay! Mrs Otto... bet she'd love to hear how you are doing in school today... remember all  she taught you (to love learning if not school) and give it your all.

Well I did cry when I heard about 911, perhaps it was just the shock of it all and the thousands of live affected. Maybe Liz coould return the favor and help you raise your grades... turn about fair play. Yeah four months ago I was getting ready to go to Annehiem, CA and had been named an editor's pick!! Yes!

Breakfast club is a great movie... so many of them! Hey if you did your homework today then that would be TWO  days in a row! Yesterday I walked to work without my winter jacket... goodbye ol friend...see you in the fall. *SIGH*

Hey you really gotta show a picture of you in pigtails, we are all curious whatcha look like in em. I KNOW!! post a picture wearing pigtails while in your "hippie" clothes Cool rock, must get nice and warm when sunshine warms it. Very impressive with that there temperature conversion in your head... wish I could do that! I know SaraJaneSmiles will apreciate it.

so I'm almost outta space... and usually I'm IN outta-space. Earth to Michael.... Earth to Michael..
                                Michael... OUT!


Anonymous said...

*woo hoo, you saw breakfast club!!  that's like a milestone, in some strange way.  
very interesting, got me trying to think of what i was doing 15 years ago...

xoxo~B