Friday, March 25, 2005

Getting caught up

3/17

I have a new solo. So I have three that I'm working; Take Me to the World (which I bombed in class and and preforming this weekend for mom), On My Own (for Mother's Day), and Alma del Core (for SoloFest/voice). I will be practicing each song at least five minutes every night. And if I am in the middle of a run through, I'll finish it and be done.

Did I tell you all about my boyfriend? Well, yesterday was our one-month anniversary. His name, you ask? He is my heart, my love, my King. The Prince of Peace, Song of God, the Way, the Truth, the Light, Son of Man. He is my Savior. I am dating God or Christ or whatever you will call Him. On February 16, 2005, Dillion gave a lesson and i it said that you're not really ready for a boyfriend until after high school because he would take your attention away from God. Well, I wanted a boyfriend so I asked God out. He agreed. So for one month and one day, I've been dating God. But I'm thinking that all the connections are weird. I mean, God is my Heavenly Father, Christ my brother. How can I date Him? I think I'm just going to stop "dating" him and just try to be a better Christian and know He is there to support me through it all. Yet, I feel bad about thinking that way because, I mean, how do you "dump" God?

3/23

Tomorrow is the big United Way breakfast. Zero practice between now and then. I have a C range grade in "most" of my classes aka English and Science. I've always had A or B range and now Dad's making a huge deal of two C's. ENglish is because of my Things Fall Apart packet (60%) (and now research paper which is a 68% but I found an error and it should be a 77%). Science is because of two homeworks I didn't do. Minor homeworks but because of lack of assignments, their importance raised. I want to raise my grades. I want to stay in English Honors and get into Science Honors. I want to get an acedemic scholarship. I want to get into a good (not community) college. But a couple C's freshman year won't kill me. But I better raise my grades next term. Go out with a bang. I don't want to get grounded or further restricted but it may be too late for this term. :( Anybody got tips on raising my grades?

3/24

United Way was this morning. It went fine. My vowels were wide and my gestures off at times but it was fun and great job overall.

I kinda lied to my mom. :[ She asked if I was back to liking Jake and I said no. Last night, I was talking to him and I asked if he still liked me and he said yes and how obvious was it. I told him he's an open book. Which made him nervous. He asked if I liked him. I said to Lindz, "F***, f***, f***." She asked what and I told her the situation and asked what to say. I told him "Yes but please don't ask me out because I don't know if I want a boyfriend right now."

 

And now I am caught up. Lindz and I are sleeping here. Write more soon. Much love to all.

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is sometimes confusing what to cal our relationship with a higher power. It sounds to me like you are striving to follow the principals of living a good Christian life. You have a giving heart, care about others, willing to help those in need. Keep at refining your relationship with your God and use prayer as a form of daily meditation then remember to listen for the response. One way to get your grades up is to pray for the guidance and strength to work on your homework. You sure are intelligent enough, got a good neural net ... just have to be wiling to set aside that daily time to do the homework. Give priority to the homework and let some of the other things rearrange themselves. Ahhh who knows, we all procrastinate and avoid things not easy. But it seems like once you get at things you get them done. I KNOW you can raise those grades if ya want to! Go for it mylady!

http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/1096

Anonymous said...

Journal 3/17: Sorry, you bombed the song, but cute that your peforming it for you mom. It seems like you have a lot of determination to succeed with the piece, and that's a really good thing. Wow, you asked god out?! If only all of us could be so lucky.Good question, "How does one dump ,god?" You know, without the whole getting struck by lightening thing.

Journal 3/23: I hate how all my classes feel the need to give us projects all the time. Whatever happened to, "You do the work, you get the grade you deserve?" I want to have that re-instated. I have to raise my grades too, even though I'm doing a lot better than how I was doing in the first semester. I got a A in English, a C in American History, a C in math, and a B in Bio.

Anonymous said...

3/17.... Queen Latifah was on Oprah the other day ( i know, shock, i was watching Oprah!) and mentioned that she'd long ago bought a set of wedding bands and put one on each ring finger.  She said that someone would really have to deserve to take that ring off her finger but until then she loved herself, was 'married' to herself and would treat herself like the queen she was.  so maybe if things are a little 'wierd' with God, you might have another option :)

3/23....tips on raising your grades, ask for extra credit from your teachers to do before the end of the final semester...could bring your final grade up a good bit.  

3/24.... All good things come in their own time :)  When it's time and you're ready..you'll know it doll.
xoxo~Bernadette