Wednesday, March 9, 2005

Birthday weekend~2/18/05-2/20/90

2/25/05

Still don’t feel like writing but will make myself before the memories fade. My weekend at Mom’s was mainly uneventful. David, my stepbrother, slept over and took my bed so I was on the couch. Samantha drew me a picture and kissed it twice. The kisses smudged the marker and stained her lips temporarily. I’ll snap a picture but I’m sure it won’t justify it (can anyone tell I like that I can use pictures?) Sunday was my birthday. Did not feel like it at all. Felt like any other day. At noon, we had Jell-O cake. Mom wrote “Happy Birthday 15th Vickey!” Read that again. Yes, that’s right. “Happy Birthday 15th Vickey!” as in what happened to the first 14 Vickey's? I got a couple things from my family down there. My sister tried to grab the candles. I only blew out 14. I was so close though! We left around 2:30 and began the drive up here. At 4:27pm, I got the traditional singing to by Mom and Joey. Before dropping us at Dad’s, Mom bought McDonald’s. When I got to Dad’s, I ate about ½ a McChicken and went to repack for the lock-in. Dad and I got into a fight and I wound up crying so I sang “On My Own” because it’s a sad song. I got packed and got to Lindsay’s. Colleen and Amanda were on the couch and Lindz was out picking up Ali. Murph hadn’t picked up Jake yet. 2 minutes after I got there, Lindz did. With Taylor. *Barf* Ha, actually, ha! His lovely ex (Lindz) and I pranked him. Told him I liked him and wanted to go out with him. He believed it. We’ll get to that in a bit though. When I got out of the bathroom, Lindz entered with a cookie cake and 15 sputtering candles. Obviously trick candles. But I blew at ‘em anyhow. A “happy birthday” balloon, a Harlequin romance novel (about a cowboy!), and 2 dark chocolate Dove bars were presented to me as well. Taylor helped me tie the balloon to my wrist. We all wound up in 2 cars (vs. the four we thought we’d need), the Astro and Murph’s. Colleen and I rode with Jake and Murph while everybody else piled into the Astro. Murph + car=seat belts MANDATORY! At one point, that idiot drove 80 in a 35 zone! Much fun, I must admit. We got to service a few minutes late (with the Astro far behind :[) and I realizedI had forgotten my permission slip. Borrowed Murph?s cell and tried to call Becky (Lindz?s mom) to see if she?d get it for me. No answer. Told Cristen my problem and she said not to worry, I?d be fine. Went back into service and Taylor sat next to me. *shudder* Becky (different one) shared her testimony and then (after the adults had left) we started the lock-in with a Paid In Full concert! Amazing! We watched a video about relavancy, heard Dill spiel (always fun), did a couple hours of karaoke, and did relay races. That was fun. Let's see, I ate baby food. Peas. Eww. Disgusting. Lindz ate baby food out of the trash. Colleen ate carrots or something. But not out of the trash. Murph scarfed 2 twinkies in 20 seconds. Ew. Some other disgusting things were eaten as well. We went upstairs and put in Willy Wonka. I fell asleep before they got to the factory. Heck, Charlie hadn't won the ticket yet! Woke up an hour later and went downstairs. Played CatchPhrase for a couple hours. Great fun. "A blanket with a hole cut in for your head." Poncho. "Dude." Where's my car? "Dude." Sweeeeet. "Bingo." Blahblahblah from me. Correct answer from Josh. "Exactly." Not just right, exactly right. Dorks! But amazing fun. After we went to Lindz's Dad's and then to her mom's house. Stayed there til noon. I was the only one who had slept until we got to Becky's. Played air hockey. Couches in living room. Lindz & Murph on one couch, Colleen, Jake, and I on the other (larger) couch. Colleen on one end, Jake on the other, me in the middle. Colleen fell asleep on me and Jake fell asleep next to me. Lindz slept on Murph who was sleeping. At noon, we left and dropped me off. I got home, cranky from lack of sleep and Dad said I had ONE hour. I had slept ONE HOUR in the past (aprx.) 36 hours. I needed sleep. More than an hour. He gave me four. We didn't go out for my birthday dinner. We stayed home and ordered pizza. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up 20 minutes later. Opened gifts without much enthusiasium. I got a gold cross necklace. Delicate. Gorgeous. Gold. I don't wear gold. Except my wedding band may be gold. He thought I was ungrateful because it was expensive. But you'd think that by now, he'd now that I wear silver. The charm bracelet I got a few years ago was gold. So were the two charms. I've never worn it. It was expensive and gorgeous but gold and the wrong style. Can I help it if gold makes me nervous? I feel like I'm going to lose it or break it and silver looks better, IMO. Okay, that's it for now.

Love always,
Vickey

No comments: