Monday, March 28, 2005

Saturday Six

Saturday Six....

1. Do you believe that Terri Schiavo should be allowed to die or that she should be kept alive? This is one case that while I have loosely followed it, I have not mentioned it in here. I do not have a strong enough opinion on this case to write about it. I know that someone would come back writing the opposite & I'd have no defense to that. Thus, I shall not answer.
 
2. Has the Schiavo case made you take any action towards creating a living will of your own? I have not however my mom has. She's creating a will that says that should anything happen to her, Samantha, Ray, Joey, and I must agree on what is to happen with her. And if we cannot agree, Lori (my aunt) has final say and her word is law.
 
3. Let's forget what we know -- or more likely, what we think we know -- about Schiavo's condition.  If you suffered a brain injury that would leave you in a non-responsive vegetative state (whether Schiavo is in this state or not) and your doctors said that there was so much brain damage that there would be no hope of recovery, would you want to be kept alive no matter what? I don't know.

4. Has anyone outside of your immediate family ever asked you to be their "personal representative" to make such a decision on their behalf if they ever suffer a severe injury?  Do you think you could really make the decision? I'm fifteen. Nobody asks me to do something that important.

5. Do you have a special outfit ready for Easter Sunday?  Does your family have any special Easter traditions? No and yes. We search for our baskets, devour our candy, and chill for the day. We have ham, mashed potatoes, corn, peas, gravy, "special" bisquits, and some other stuff for dinner.

6. What room of your house is the absolute messiest?  Would you ever let a house guest see it? Ummm the basement. Yes. All the time. It's supposed to be a hang out for my friends and I but it's creepy b/c it's cold and clammy.

That was the Saturday Six. Play along at Patrick's Place.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As for your answer to #4, heck I'm older than 15 and noone's ever even asked ME to do that stuff (helps to have an older sis who gets to do all that stuff). Your Easter feast sounds like mine when I was a kiddo living out east. Number 6 would be a toughie for me right now as everywhere is messy as we begins soring out stuff for moving. Aarhhhhhggggg.