Thursday, March 10, 2005

My baby.

My baby. My baby. My baby's gone. Smokey's gone. My kitty's gone. When I can think more, I'll write more. I just can't believe my baby is gone.

   Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water, and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who  were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; They each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
     Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Smokey, I will miss you forever. You were my first pet and you'll remain in my heart forever and ever. I love you, baby. And I miss you. I hope you're safe, happy, and healthy. I'll see you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Love always,
Vickey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so so sorry for ur loss i write about pets I call it my  Fur Angel collection. I have written of my Taffy and my others over the decades no loss is easy.
I pray  for u and ur loved ones at this time  of loss pet or not they r our children in fur.
gbu
Aaron

Anonymous said...

Oh Vickey!!

Im soo sorry! I know it is so tough. Hang in there though. Ive known about the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe you can get another cat, but I know they will never replace Smokey.

take care
have a greatone
love ya, meg

Anonymous said...

Awwww Vickey... (((((HUGS)))) to you! We have an aged feline, Tootsie, heading into her 18th year. She gets seizures, her teeth are going, and her kidneys are not at full function. Bet she is as sweet as sweet can be and lately has been hanging out in my lap a lot trying to bring me good cheer and bring me up and out of the darkness. Pets somehow attach themselves to our spirit and can sense our needs. My sister has a Smokey, who is also nearly 20, part Persian and part Himalayan. I can't wait to read more about your dear Smokey. Please tell us how she found her way into your life, you  said all your cats were strays. How did Smokey find you and what was her favorite thing to do around the house? ... Tootsie loved to chase pipe cleaners when she was more agile.

Again... hugs and good vibes to you.

Anonymous said...

(((((hugs))))) to you hon, am so sorry about smokey :o(
Love the idea of Rainbow Bridge.  Must be a little comfort to imagine Smokey there.  Aww, am really sorry, have another (((((hug))))).
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

(((Vickey))) I'm so sorry sweetie to hear about Smokey :o(
I know what it's like to lose a beloved family member.
You 2 will meet again someday on rainbow bridge, I'm sure of it.
Hang in there hon
Hugs & Blessings,
~Angel

Anonymous said...

(((((Vickey)))) sorry to hear about Smokey.  My kitty is like one of my children .. all my cats have been, it's so hard when they are gone.  I hope you're okay!
Luv,
Promise