Monday, April 11, 2005

Answers

Congratulations to Lindsay (13/15) for the highest score (though I think she may have an unfair advantage)! Ali came in second with 12/15. Dawn (11/15) came in next tied with B followed by Sara (9/15) and Mom right on her tail (8/15). Lastly, Jake with 6/15. Here are the right answers.

1. I just finished reading Carrie by Stephen King.  False. I've never read a single book by Stephen King. 

2. When I was 12, I fell in the driveway and had to be carried up the stairs to the kitchen for medical treatment (from my parents).   False but based on a true event. When I was five, I was pushed and skinned my knee and had to be carried to the kitchen for medical treatment.

3. My favorite author is Muriel Sparks.   False. Nicholas Sparks.

4. I sing soprano in my high school select choir.  False. I sing alto in my high school choir (not select).

5. Some of my closest friends have attempted suicide.   Sadly, true.

6. I've thought about jumping off buildings or roofs or whatnot but not in an attempt to kill myself.   True. There's apparently some confusion about this question. I don't mean free-falling or bungee-jumping or base jumping. I mean I'll be standing at the edge of a roof or a tall building or staircase and want to hurl myself off it. Lindz is the only one I've met that I've mentioned this to and she knows exactly what I mean. It's mentioned in The Bean Trees as well.

7. I've never left New Jersey.   False. I live in New York.

8. My first crush was in the second grade to a boy named Nick.   True.

9. My first best friend's name was Michelle.   True but I had toask my mom to make sure! lol

10. I love fire and flames and will burn paper just to watch the flames.   True though I haven't burnt paper in a while. Typically when I do burn paper, it has a significance like a poem I wrote or something.

11. I've been in the snow. Barefoot.   Brrrrrrr... true.

12. I'm one of the most popular kids at my school.   Totally false!

13. I totally and completely hate that number. In fact, it petrifies me. 5/13/05 is gonna be hell!   True. I'm superstitious and I hate the number thirteen but only in numerical form.

14. I've only recently come to terms with my first and middle name.   True. I was going to change my name 50 billion times. Hope was my favorite out of my fake names. And now the name Esperanza (Spanish for hope) is haunting me.

15. I had braces for three years (from the end of fifth grade to the end of eighth grade)and this is my first full school year in this town without them. False. I had braces for about eighteen months from seventh grade to eighth.

Anyone shocked about anything? I'd be glad to give stories to any that y'all are wondering about if there is a story.

Love always,
Vickey

 

Update: Rachel took this on 4/18 and got 12/15. Tied for second with Ali.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got 6 wrong?  That's terrible!!  
I didn't know you were superstitious, is it just the No. 13, or are there other things too?
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

My Jr. High crush was named Nick ;)~  I don't remember much now but a Vikings jacket!!  I know what you mean about standing on the edge of a building...matter of fact we used to climb up on the roof of the church and sit on the edge leaning as far over as possible.  Qluite an adrenaline rush!
xoxo~B