Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Another that may be hard to read

The Dying Temptation

physical scars are fading
emotional last forever
hurt so deep inside
coming out into the world
coping skills are fading
fading far and fading fast
many share my pain
hoping it won't last
but it changes you forever
for ever and a day
showing scars
holding blades
poised to cut
praying not to
knowing you might
praying for God to save you
from the devil's clutch
ripping at your heartstrings
feels like too much
the day will come when
the temptation won't
blood won't be wanted
pain just a memory
I feel the day is coming.
I hope the day is coming
and coming fast.

 

For once, I am the inspiration for my own poem. Not always the best thing. My poetry is typically dark and sad rather than happy and hopeful. This seems to be no exception (but the end is hopeful, in my mind). Thank you to all that are worrying over me. I promise you, I will be fine. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. For now, I'm going to youth group tonight!!! Yay! I'll tell y'all how it went later. Timmy's going to be there! I haven't talked to him in for ever! Life is definitly looking up at this moment in time.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good poetry, that reaches down into the soul is not always fluffy, happy thoughts. It should (to me) reach out to the reader and elicit an emotional response, speak to some aspect of humanity. I can relate your poem, reminds me of my adolescence days. People did not cut themselves, or it wasn't at all widely practiced. However, we had our own way of masking, hiding, and dealing with the emotional upheaval of this turbulent time. Admitently I was not always kind to my body. Your poem does speak of pain and despair, and a desire to be saved, but it also speaks of hope. I remember a time when my hope chest was an empty hollow chasm. Not a fun feeling. Thanks for sharing this. Keep on writing and sorting stuff out.  

Will keep on thinking boutcha and sending you prayers and good vibes. Hope you all had an excellent time at youth group. I bet you and Timmy had a good time together. I get to get outa town for a few days and go present at a conference. I love to travel. YEAH! Plus my beloved Boston Red Sox pulled it out! All is well in Mudville ... at least for now.

Anonymous said...

Great poem!  When I am okay, I don't always write "happy" poetry.  When I am happy, sometimes I cry sad tears.  You have a great journal here!  Come over and visit me sometime if you would like...
htpp://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts