Sunday, October 24, 2004

Sunday Brunch

"Parents are often so busy with the physical rearing of children that
they miss the glory of parenthood, just as the grandeur of the trees is
lost when raking leaves." -Marcelene Cox

This week's meme is in honor of parents, as I just found out this past
week that I am going to become one! I am five weeks (I think) pregnant
with my first child!

1) What do your parents do for a living?
2) How old were your parents when you were born?
3) What is the most important lesson that you learned from your
parents?
4) What is the harshest discipline that you ever received from your
parents?
5) What is the thing that you are the most grateful to your parents
for?

Thanks for playing and have a great week!

Erica

 

Firstly, congratulations to Erica. Secondly, huzzah! Thirdly, my answers:

1)    My dad is a poly-resin technician. My mom is a stay at home mom.

2)       My dad was twenty-two (twenty three two months later) and mom was seventeen (eighteen less than a month later).

3)       Not to have sex before I’m ready. It will mess up my life seriously. Though they love me, I’m not how they expected life to start out.

4)       I don’t know. Probably some of grounding from television/computer/phone/friends. Yea, very harsh, I know. ::sarcasm::

5)       I’m grateful to my mom for being open-minded and accepting of me fro me. I don’t have to censor myself and I know she won’t punish me for it (unless I say the F word or something). If I told her I was gay or bi, she’d be completely accepting and would like my girlfriend as much as she would if it were my boyfriend. She knows what it’s like to grow up female and how hard it is to deal with all the things I am (not firsthand but, she at least gets it). I’m grateful to my dad for putting up with me so far in life. hehe :P

 

I’m a freak, I know. If you don’t like it, stop tickling me, Lindz!!!! Sorry bout that. I meant to say, if you don’t like it, leave. Haha. She just fell off the bed. Thanks for putting up with me.

 

Love always, Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What wonderful news!!
~Angel
http://journals.aol.com/alilcountrycharm/LifesSimplePleasures