Friday, October 22, 2004

From Thursday morning-youth group

I might see Mrs. Lynch (my school counselor), Dr. McCann (my ex-out of school counselor), or Dr. Allam (Lindz's counselor) about the urge I had. My main concern is that I don't want Dad to be told. I would have seen Mrs. Lynch already if I thought she wouldn't tell Dad but she has to. Slightly happier note: at youth group, I wrote a prayer request that they please pray for me to further resist the temptation.

Speaking of youth group, it has been way too long between visits. I'm going next week with Lindz, too. Might even go on Sunday! We prayed, played games, prayed, and played Jailbreak. Timmy wasn't there. He said he would be. Doom on him. I miss him so much. He's homeschooled this year and was away all summer. I haven't seen him since June! Gosh, do I miss him! But Tom was there. Oh, I haven't mentioned Tom before. At least, I don't think I have. If so, it was long before anyone started reading to the best of my knowledge. He's Peace Boy. When I was in third grade, he danced with my friends at recess. He was in fourth. He had a peace sign on his retainer so we called him Peace Boy. He's now fourteen, Christain, funny, opininated, and cute. I had forgotten how great he was. As I told Lindz after he left, I still have a crush on him. I doubt he notices me much, though. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Why wouldn't he notice you? Why wouldn't he like a great girl like you?" etc. I'm not saying I'm not. My self esteem and self-confidence are pretty high, thank you very much. It's just that I'm the girl he hardly remembered from elementary. I sat on the sidelines and wouldn't dance. I was shy. I just don't think he notices me much is all. On another note, he taught me DutchBlitz. Still a little hazy on the rules but, it's fun. Catchphrase is great too. All in all, great time at youth group. After the group dispersed, we went to Alicia's (the pastor's daughter). She showed us this video of a song. I think it was called, "I Pledge Allegiance to the Lamb". So sad! I think I've seen it before. No matter how many times I see it, I'm sure it would still be sad.


Note: More later. For now, I'm going out to dinner with my gramma, step-grandfather, and brother. Hope I can survive it. Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are considering finding a soul to trust with your urges and feelings. Let us know if you found a sufficient confidant.

Sounds like you found a place of comfort and belonging in Youth Group. It's so important to find someplace to belong, fit in and have a relaxing and enjoyable time. Sounds like a healthy and excellent environment. Too bad Timmy wasn't there. Next time hopefully. But you did reconnect with Tom, Peace Boy. Such a multi-talented lad... Christian, funny, opinionated, and cute to boot. Tried to learn Dutch Blitz one from a friend of my daughter. They put up with my efforts but it was a tough go. Love to play cards though, especially cribbage.

Hope you survived dinner with gramma, stepgrandfather, and brother. Sometimes family outings can be surprisingly enjoyable, let it flow. Might be something worth looking back upon as time marches on. Todles.