Monday, October 25, 2004

Untitled

Firstly, two poems I wrote today. No, I was not depressed as I wrote either one. The ecstatic refers to how I feel now however, not then.

Untitled (to be submitted to the school's literary magazine)

Alone in a crowd
Crowded when alone.
Feeling seperated
from the world.
Feeling connected
within myself.
Not together.
Not alone.
The boundaries end
outside of me.
I blend into the world.
My boundaries gone
a squishy mass
a lump of clay.
Don't try to pass.
Mold me.
Shaped me.
Take me.
I'm yours.
A smile flits
across my face.
The day ends
in an embrace.
A lovely world
I'd like to think
And then it hits me
Through the ink
It is a lovely world, and yet
I'm alone in a crowd
and crowded when
alone.

 

That one was written in science class. This next one was written at lunch.

Life goes on
and on
and on.
If I am not here,
it goes on.
It knows nought who is in it.
It does not change from you or me.
It just keeps going.
Always changing,
always the same.
Never changing,
never the same.
Life goes on.

 

Hope you enjoyed those. Now, for the news.....

 

I have pink hair!!!! Lindz gave me pink tips (as in six inches on the ends). Amazing. I love 'em. I'll get some pictures to post of my gorgeous pink hair. Not very pink but enough to scare the heck out of my dad when he finds out. See, little rebellions. I told Mom. She loves the idea. Well, Becky (Lindz's mom) wants on the computer. Arrivederci to all.

Love always,
Vickey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vikki, These poems are beautiful....very talented and at such a young age,if you keep this up youll be Golden at mine....Always be inspired......take care and visit any time...D

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came by via madman who recommended your journal.  I have to say those are wonderfully written poems.  I hope you keep writing and sharing. :-)

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/MamarazziInAction

Anonymous said...

Wow Vickey - you're so talented, the poems are just brilliant.  Pink hair :o)  Can't wait to see the pics, have to be a little rebellious every now and then.  Really though, you should be so proud of those poems girlie.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I love the conrasting imagery of the last two lines in the first poem...
"I'm alone in a crowd
and
crowded when alone."

When I lived in Japan that was the impression many of my Jappanese friends gave me. In a countrty lacking space and overflowing with population there were few places to be totally alone. Yet when I asked a friend about that he just smiled and said that he finds solace and solitude among the masses. Hmmm.

So what's dad's reaction to your pink hair... well highlites? I bet he was so impressed he's planning on a similar style himself next time he visits his hair stylest. And I am eagerly awaiting the photos of this new you. Fun sometimes to alter one's appearance isn't it? Toodles.