Saturday, October 23, 2004

Continued from entry before the Saturday Six

Time to talk about my favorite author of the moment. I'm not saying other author's aren't great just that this guy holds a place in my heart at the moment, kay? With that said...

I love Nicholas Sparks. Personally, I like his older books better but, they're all good. He writes romance books. Most are tearjerkers. Three have been made into movies (Message in a Bottle, The Notebook, and A Walk To Remember. They're sad movies. I recommend reading the books first. The Rescue is another sad book (with a happy ending, though). More books and information can be found at www.nicholassparks.com.

On another note, I'm a freaking idiot. I broke my great-grandmother's ring. She gave nine to my mom. Mom took out the three most boy-ish ones for Joey and let me pick my three. The last three are for Sami. My favorite one, a silver one, is broken. One of the three stones fell out. I can't believe it. I'm in tears. I just can't believe it. My great-grandmother's ring. My favorite one. Time for Oedipus. Dammit.

Oedipus sucked and I'm now depressed. I blame Tom. Yes, Peace Boy. If he hadn't suggested Jailbreak, I wouldn't have taken off my ring and put it in Lindz's bag. If it weren't in her bag, I wouldn't have gotten it in math and put it on. If it weren't on, I couldn't have dropped it and broken it. Darn Tom. I should read The Odysessy or do my math (can't do my math because it's in my locker actually) or study my voice/choir music. I'll go read The Notebook. Perhaps I can get all the way to the part that makes me cry in thirty minutes. Yeah, right. *sigh*

Decided to read the rest of Tuesday's English assignment instead. Sucked. Boring. Someone, please, leave me your funniest joke in the comments section. I won't steal it or anything. I just need a laugh. Ten minutes of torture left. I have a new name. Aphrodite la Corinda. I don't know what it means, if anything. Sounds pretty though. I just made it up. hehe ^_^ Spectrum meeting in a few. Don't really want to go. I promised I would and I try not to break a promis if at all possible.

Yes, this is one long freaking entry. All connected only because I wrote them in the same pages. Spectrum rocked. Very funny meeting. Rated a few poems. Katie and Charline's (wrong name, I know. opps! Can't remember the correctone) rocked. Lindz's didn't fair as well. Drove Lindz home. Picked up Joey. Went to get coustumes. The guy that was working the wall hit on me.... He was about 17, I think. I told him I was looking for a coustome that would scare my dad. He asked, "Scare as in 'Ahhh!' or scare as in 'That's my daughter!'?" I responded, "I was going to be Marilyn but, you're sold out." He starts pointing out coustomes that I might like. Customes like "Sexy little kitten" and "sexy cop" and "Twilight Pixie" and others. Mostly involving the word or description of "sexy". Thank goodness my dad didn't notice (my brother did though!) otherwise that guy would be dead. Since they were sold out of Marilyn, I'm obviously not Norma Jean for Halloween. Instead, I'm an enchantress. Long black dress w/a slit halfway up my thigh and a red cape. I love it. Came home & ate dinner. Tried on costume and talked to Lindz. Eventually went to bed.

Well, it's now Saturday afternoon/evening. Last night, I went out to dinner and actually enjoyed my family. *gasp of shock* Came back and got on the computer. Talked to a few friends about a few serious matters and to some about a few stupidocity matters. Managed to yell at Timmy for not being there Wednesday night (apperently, he had a school project to do). Went to bed very late after disgusting myself. I found this site that had a very, very graphic depicition of one patient's cutting experience. It was digusting.
vickey:holy shit....
lindz:what?
vickey:  the website i'm at.... holy shit... i refuse to give you the URL. 
lindz:  oh ok.... may i ask... WTH?!?!
vickey:  very graphic depiction of cutting
lindz:oh
lindz:  can i have the url?
vickey:no
lindz:please
lindz:  V_V;
vickey:no, lindz, no. i wont give it to you. i'm not trying to be mean. this is sick. it's so graphic, so disgusting. no, just just no


It was so disgusting. I was in tears. Of course, at that moment as my face is contorted in a grimace of horror, my step-grandpa comes over to tell me that I have to wrap it up. I went to bed scared and horrified. Woke up at 12:45!!!!! That's PM! Almost 13 hours of sleep. So far today, I've eaten "breakfast", took a walk with my gramma/her dog, blogged, checked e-mail, and instant messaged. I should go have a life or do my homework. I think I'll go do that. Happy birthday, Sara! Sorry I couldn't come. Arrivederci, all.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool is that you actually enjoyed a night out with the family. A memory to tuck away and retrieve when your family will begin to su** again. Happens. Life aint always purty iz it ... as you discovered from that web site. What a brave thing to do, hard to stare reality in the face sometime though isn't it? I've always had a tough time with it.

Love to read more of Nicholas Sparks, thanks for the suggestions. Gotta hitt he library. Toodles.