Friday, October 15, 2004

Protest for Peace-my side

Today, there is a protest for peace fourth period. Beena and Kat (from the GSA) are doing it. We walk out to the bus loop. The news will be there. I don't know if I should go. On the one hand, I do believe in peace. I don't want our troops in Iraq. On the other hand, I'd have to skip science class. I don't want to get in trouble but it's two tardies "free" a week. Third sends you to Saturday School. I think I'm doing it. Dad's punishment for my last walk-out/suspension was stupid. An essay and a grounding. Big whoop! Mom will be disappointed but understanding when I tell her. I don't know. I'm leaning towards walking out (into the raine!) but I'm still not sure. I'll write more later (including the account of my decision). For now, Ich muss meinen Deutsch lernen (since I speak German).

Contest alteratations: Only one entry in a few (perhaps one a week) will be "odd". Also, I'll tell you the language it's in. That one was in French. It's much prettier than German. Good luck! One more thing: that one was harder than the others will be. It's pretty much two sentences. From now on, I promise they'll be one simple sentence (like "The cat had a tunic on." or something silly like that). Partial credit will be awarded. Best of luck (or as the Germans say, "Alles gute.")!

Seeing as how I"m sitting in science, I'm not going to the walk-out. If I had studyhall, I would so be there. I told Lindz to go and tell me everything. I'll write it up later so y'all can hear the story too. (Actually, I'm having her sign on my screenname later and add an entry.) If only I had this period free. I want to show my beliefs (anti-war and anti-Bush) but I don't want to get written up. Somehow, I have to make it through the class (and everyone until the end) before I can hear what happened! Ahhhhhhh!!! Class is starting. Have you ever felt that sadness in your heart that literally hurts? That's how I feel right now, missing this demonstration of beliefs, my beliefs, their beliefs. As I said, class begins. Ahhh! I still have five periods and ten minutes left until I can call Lindz. I don't know if I can survive! *swoons* Class commences.

 

It's the day after the protest and I know there was a reason I wasn't there. I don't know what that reason is but, there has to be one. My mom'll be here any minute and I can't wait. That means no updates until Sunday night or Monday afternoon. Sorry bout that. It also means I get away from the tyrant I call Dad. He's really annoying me lately. Keeps nagging me and complaining about my stuff and my habits. Add to his nagging and complaining my lack of tolerance for idiots (esp male idiots) right now and I can't wait to get out of this house. I'll miss you all while I'm gone. Arrivederci. Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a grand weekend! It's tough making those moral choices where there is not once clear cut choice. Would have been cool if your science teacher had taken the whole class out to participate and then somehow report on the results and various attitudes of the participants... i.e. some went on principle, others just as an excuse to get out of class, others caved in to peer pressure, others out of curiosity. But the status quo educational system does not tend to support radical change or the opportunity to develop opposing viewpoints. Just look at the current regimes "Education Law" ...NO CHILD LEFT UNTESTED. Not exactly a law that promotes critical thinking or reasoning, problem solving, or multiple perspective investigations. But I rant now. See ya back on Monday.