Friday, November 19, 2004

Country singers and cowboys

Firstly, I'm obviously a freak because all afternoon I was saying, "I'm such a freakin country girl." Then before I went to bed, I felt so city. I wore my cowgirl hat to school (ended up only wearing it there & back not in between) yesterday. I feel great in that hat. It makes me feel sexy and happy & just great. I know I shouldn't focus on material possessions but every body's got that one (or twenty) thing(s) that you put 'em on and feel great. Well, guys like cowboy hats, too. At least, they like to steal mine & wear it. There's a guy on my bus that asked if he could wear my hat. I said, "sure, why not?" so he took it and put it on his head. (Lemme just say, he looked good in my hat. Scary, huh?) So, he's wearing my hat and the guy next to him takes it and puts it on. The person behind him takes it. It winds up halfway back on the bus before I had a chance to say, "Ummm.... I'm gonna need that back, ya know." This guy says, "Yeah, don't worry about it. I'll get it back." Now, I didn't like Jake saying "she's mine" but, I nearly swooned when this guy (whose name I don't even know) was protective-ish and takes responsiblity for getting my hat back. Now maybe I'm a freak for that, too. Maybe I'm normal. I don't know. Well, bus guy (who will be called so until I figure out his real name) was kinda flirting and such (and I kinda flirted right back). He looks remarkably like a guy I dreamt about. This dream guy had on a yellow shirt (I'm pretty sure I've seen Bus Guy in a similar yellow shirt), had lighter skin (ditto for Bus Guy), dark hair (check), and played guitar (that one I don't know about). It was so weird.

Oh, anybody wondering why I was wearing a cowgirl hat? Sorry if I already wrote this but, I don't remember writing it. Wednesday night, I was at a concert for the families of the ronald mcdonald house. It was great. Joe Diffie hosted and Craig Morgan, Dusty Drake, Josh Gracin, and Joe Nichols were playing. They were all great. After the show, I waited in line for autographs from Dusty Drake and Joe Nichols. Gramma got Joe Diffie's for me (he wasn't supposed to stay though). Excuse the caps that are coming up.. JOE NICHOLS HUGGED ME! HE WINKED AT LINDZ & I LIKE TEN TIMES! OMG! Can ya tell I'm hyped up about that still? He's an amazing singer & he's pretty easy  on the eyes. HE HUGGED ME! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Yes, I'm insane. You would be too. I got his autograph along with that hug and then got Dusty Drake's. That was such a great concert. Amazing, in fact.

Ever since, I can't get the whole cowboy fantasy out of my head. Know the one I'm talkin' bout? (I'm talking about this on Lindz's advice but I'm going to be vague in the extreme, if you don't mind.) Allow me to paint the picture: member of the sex you're attracted to, blue jeans, cowboy hat, acoustic guitar, fire, stars, perhaps horseback? Yea, that fantasy. It's been in the back of my mind for the past two days.

Love always,
Vickey


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gianni Versace said..."Wear only what makes you feel alive!"  If you love it, wear it!
Chivalry is always attractive to a lady, and yeah, there's definitely some strange attraction to cowboys...I think it's that rugged manliness ;)
I'll be back for an update on Bus Guy ;)!
xoxo~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fantastic, memorable experience! Will you ever wash those clothes again afer being hugged by Joe Nichols.