Friday, November 12, 2004

Self-mutilation and a movie

Allow me to say that as I type this in here, I'm eating chocolate! I'm so menstrual. (Sorry guys!) Now, for the entry I wrote earlier. Actually, it's last night's entry.... Enjoy!

I had another firght with my dad. Over something dull. I believe the topic was who left the computer on or some other stupid affair. All I wanted to do was..................... make him leave me alone so I could.......................................................................... watch my movie. Huzzah! I would far rather feel the urge to watch a movie than to self-injure/mutilate/harm or whatever word you care to use. I think I need to use the term self-mutilate because I have a problem with it. Part of me needs to accept that even snapping a rubber band on my wrist can be portrayed as self-mutilation.

 

I just kind of trailed off there. On to the next entry, I guess.... Read on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that it matters what you call it Vickey.
You are doing so well resisting that temptation.
Thinking you deserve that chocolate :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Mmm Chocolate! Some say it can calm the spirit, soothe the soul, and I guess help with that menstrual stuff too!

It’ so easy sometimes to get into little tiffs with family and friends about…. Stuff… and then later look back and go what the bleep was THAT all about? I’ve really been working hard at taking deep breaths, counting to at least five, and tell myself “screw the arguing thing this just aint worth it.” Helps me sometimes.

I just did a workshop with a friend who was talking about self-mutilation as a “fight” response to stress. When the human body, and brain especially, are subjected to stress there are 3 responses …FIGHT, FLIGHT, and FRIGHT. So when you feel a stressful situation bearing down on ya come up with some ways to relieve the stress, other than fight (including self-mutilation). Sounds like chocolate is an option, deep breathing is a good one, and even self-awareness that you ARE in stress and will NOT chose fight as an option. You’re on the right road mylady, keep at it. Toodles.