Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mix it up day!

November 16, 2004- Mood: Cathartic

Overslept and pissed Dad off because he had to drive me. Almost missed first period. Today is Mix It Up Day! Eat lunch with someone new, basically. You get to know them, break stereotypes. I fully intend to participate. They should do this at the middle school. It would prolly cause a riot though. I'm interested to see who and how many will do this. I still don't know who I'll sit with. I really don't know. Eating in front of someone you don't know well is kind of scary, isn't it? Worrying if they'll think you're a pig or anorexic. Do you have stuff all over your face? With a friend, there is a feeling of security, of comfort. I'll probably wind up chickening out. Challenging social boundaries is not my normal cup of tea. I don't know. One way or another...

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I’ve heard of this Mix It Up Day, have a poster for it on my office door. Never talked with someone whose school actually did it. Very relevant concerns about eating with a stranger. It is interesting though how social mealtime often is. I hope you didn’t chicken out. I usually ate alone in the lunch room cause my friends were so limited and people didn’t want to socialize with me. It was a lonely time. You might just make someone’s day! After all who wouldn’t be honored to have a fantastic person such as you come share a mealtime with them?!