Thursday, November 18, 2004

On a happier note, the weekend assignment

Weekend Assignment #35: Tell us something you should be thankful for -- but that you're usually not. After all, it's easy to be thankful for all the things you know you should be thankful for: Your family and friends, your home, the good things that come from living wherever (and whenever) you do. So try stretching a little and think about something that you're thankful for that you usually don't think much about at all. It can be serious or silly; it's up to you. You just have to be genuinely thankful for it -- once it comes to mind.

What should I be thankful for that I'm not usually? Well, I could go with the mundane, normal things such as life, family, and all my wonderful friends both J-Land and school-land (lol). I know I could do so many things.

Music. I'm thankful for music. I don't typically think of it because it's always been there in my life. It gives me a chance to express myself whether I write it or not. Whether I'm singing in the shower, in class, walking down the street, or in Carnegie Hall, it's expressing my mood at that moment, expressing my talent & effort. It's a very universal thing. No matter what type of music it is, everyone can find something they like. Most of us take the radio or the television music channels for granted. I know I do. Every night I go to sleep with my radio playing country music (except Sundays when I pop in a CD). I don't think twice about it anymore. It's amazing that these people can make such gorgeous sounds with their instrument of choice. Whether that instrument is their voice, a piano, a guitar, whatever it is, if they can master it and make it produce those sounds, it's astounding.

Can't wait to hear what you're all thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all I agree with you 110%, music is my savior and stress reliever. Maybe it is for you too hu? Still singing in the choir? Must have a concert coming up soon I suppose?

I’m thankful for pets, like our 4 cats. Some people take animals for granted and if a pet is too annoying, difficult, of unruly they get rid of it. My daughter babysat for a family that went through 3 cats and a dog in one year. When I’m gone for long days at work or away to conferences I know our cats are such a comfort and source of company for my wife. That feline clan is such a source of entertainment and life for our house. Now that the last of the kiddos have moved out it can get kinda quiet and lonely but our cats liven things up. Can’t imagine living is a place where NO pets are allowed Sigh. Makes me shiver. Todles