Sunday, November 14, 2004

To further confuse you, the Saturday Six

1. Who is the last house guest you invited into your home and was it a pleasant visit? As in overnight? Lindz but she practically lives here. Other than her, Jake & I think so though he felt ignored. Sorry bout that, hun.

2.  Other than to work or school, where was the last place you drove? I can't drive but last place I was driven was back to Dad's (note: not back home but back to Dad's)

3. In terms of emergency supplies, how many of the following do youhave in your home?  A) Candles  Far too many to count B) Fresh batteries by category- AAA-5 AA-6 C-2 D-2  C)Containers of bottled water None

4. You're invited to a pot-luck dinner:  what specialty do youoffer to bring?  (It has to be something you can cook yourself,not something you bring from a store!)
I have to cook it? Does dessert count? If so, chocolate chip cookies. If not, garlic lime chicken. I got it from Leanne of savingdinner.com through FLYlady (www.flylady.net). It's delicious but spicy-ish and a little tough to make.

5. Which of the following do you feel is the most true based on your own life experiences:
A) It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
B) The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.
C) To have a friend, you must first be a friend.
D) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
E) Never judge a book by its cover.
F) The tree of knowledge bears the noblest fruit.

A- Thanks for that lesson, dear Jon.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #31 from Cherie: We have all watched movies and TV shows that have inspired us to wantto do what the characters in the show are doing, (doctors, lawyers,politicians, fire fighters, etc).  Has there ever been programthat you watched that made you realize that the occupation of the characters was something you could NEVER become?

Gosh. I don't know. I love Law & Order:SVU but I don't think I could ever be a policewomyn. It would be too taxing emotionally. Esp. in the SVU (special victims unit for those who don't know).

Momentarily, a real entry will be posted, one that isn't just a waste of time for you and I. Well, it won't be a waste of time for me but, perhaps you. Sorry if it is.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On question #6. Not sure if you've noticed but I'm a HUGE trekie so being captain of the USS ENTERPRISE would be my answer.