Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Life...

I can't go to the Joshua Revolution. It's a gathering of Christains, grades 7-12. It's even here this year. December 27-30. My brother's birthday is December 28. I have to miss it. Four days of fun sacrificed for his eleventh birthday. My faith is very important to me. I want to grow in it, to meet with others doing the same. A very important issue to me. His refusal to allow me to go made me wonder. Does your faith, gender, and age have anything to do with your first priority in life? Help me out, please. Your faith, gender, age, and first priority (job/school, family, faith, friends, etc.) would be appreciated. For now, the survey is for adults (18 and over). If you want to, see what your family and friends think. And if you'd care to share those results, I'd love to hear them. Thanks, y'all.

I had youth group last night. TImmy was there! :D Yay! We talked a little about the election. 14 kids. 2 for Kerry. 11 for Bush. One undecided. Kerry was Lindz and I. That was awkward. (BTW: I may be a great writer, if y'all do say so yourselves, hehe ^_^, but my spelling tends to be atrocious.) We also talked about Halloween and whether it was Christain or not. We were split. Half saw no problem in it and the other half thought it was wrong and that we should have an alternative (such as the Harvest Party the church is having). I know the origins (it was a Pagan holiday) but these days, it's commercialized. It's just a day to dress up and get candy. Time to go call Mom, carve pumpkins, do my nails, and shower. I have homework, too! Arrivederci.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So lets see ... you are wondering how the issues of faith, age, gender all interact to affect my priorities? Well for me of course. Ask me what my priorities were 10... 15... 20 years ago they would have been different. But it's not just a matter of deciding which IS the highest priority... right now my faith is my compass, my foundation, my comfort. Praying to the Creator gives me daily guidance and councilling. My family is a huge priority, their safety and welfare, and security in the future is of concern. YET, as they move into adulthood I realize that the reign is in their hands and I can't guarantee their safety and the direction of their life. This causes me to shift some focus to my wife and inward to securing my health, finacial security for the future, and also my ability to reach out in service to others.

Perhaps not the answer to the question but I have been watching too much politics lately.