Thursday, November 11, 2004

Weekend Assignment

Gosh does it ever feel good to be able to do one of these again. I know I only missed two or three but it feels like more. Here's the assignment:

Weekend Assignment #33: You can have any person, past or present, sing any song for you that you want. What is the song, and who is singing it for you?

Extra credit: Name a singer you wish you could sing like, but can't. So that means even those of you with excellent voices have to pick someone you can't sing like.

 

Any song and any person? Wow. Lots of choices here. The song would have to be "You Can't Hide Beautiful" by Aaron Lines. I actually met him and got his autograph which he signed "You can't hide beautiful -Aaron Lines". That meant a lot to my little eighth (or was it seventh?) grade self. Anyhow, I would want my husband-fiancee to sing it to me. The song is him telling his girl how no matter how she looks or what she wears, she's beautiful and she can't hide it. It's a very sweet song. Being the romantic that I am, I would want my guy to sing it to me. Though I'm sure he would tell me how much he loves me and that I'm beautiful, somehow this song always gets me. This one and a few others but, I won't get into those right now since most of them are sad.

Extra credit: I would love to be able to sing like so many people. To pick just one is hard. Reba McEntire would probably be the one I would choose. Her voice is amazing. It's clear and free. She knows which notes she can hit and which ones she can't so her songs are never way up there. I've loved her since I was little. I could go on and on about people I'd like to sing like just because I've heard them since I was young. One other person that I will mention is Jewel (and a few other people seem to agree with me). Her voice is great. Her songs always fit how I feel. Pieces of You (the CD) is great. As is 0304. Though they are totally different.

It's great to be back. Amazing, in fact. My first weekend assignment in for ever and I found my CD player. How perfect is this?

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a really hard one!
I think I would choose Whitney Houston - as have seen plenty of people try to sound like her, and none of them ever pull it off do they!  Haven't heard of any that you mentioned, maybe I would choose them if I had :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Reba is a awesome singer good choice.......
Jewel seems to be very popular in the assignment :)
Chelle
http://journals.aol.com/chellebelle1977/chellesjournal
http://journals.aol.com/the2pimpettes/Letthepimpingbegin/