Wednesday, November 3, 2004

My lovely sister gave me...

Feeling: sick

her cold. She has her first cold which she proceded to give to me. Great that she's sharing but why??? If it gets me out of school tomorrow, I'll absolutely adore her for it. If not, roar! Oh, I have another poem. This one is about... well, you'll see.....

Leaves
Autumn leaves are falling
Falling in all their glory
Brown, red, and gold.
Children beg for another bedtime story.
Tucked warm into beds,
Blankets piled lovingly to the ceilinng,
A story of witches and wizards
Of heroes trusting their gut feeling,
They sit and listen, entranced as
Autumn leaves are f-a-l-l-i-n-g.

Class debate. About conjugation. I'm staying out of  it.

Oh, Halloween last night! We walked around for two hours! Then we went to a few friend's houses to talk. While we were out, some guys wound up checking Lindz and I out. A few were our age-ish so that was okay (but not great). One was, like, 40. With kids. Great, huh? Passing time...

Two periods later... (science class) My cold is better now. I think it's an early morning worsened thing. Capisce? I think I have a GSA meeting tonight. I hope so. I can't wait. GSA and youth group in the same week, I think. :D Mineral time, babe.

Five periods later...For those of you who don't know, I'm not a cutter (regardless of what my entry "veins" made you think". I'm "just" being tempted to become one. I won't let that monster win. I'll be strong, brave. I won't hurt myself. I'll go home and lay on y bed and read my Sparks book and feel like a princess under my new canopy. Gotta call Dad.

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your sister to share! Family!
I enjoyed you previous poem "viens" was filled with some powerful imagery. Also enjoy the tone of "Leaves" like the image of children tucked in beds with blankets tucked to the ceiling. Sounds like our house in the dead of winter LOL! Toodles

Anonymous said...

Oh we do all pile those blankets on for our kids, right up to the ceiling if we could, anything to protect them.  Lovely poem.
Sorry about the cold, unfortunately, with little kiddies, there will be plenty more ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your cold, hopefully you'll get that day off to make it worth the sniffles.  Either way, I hope you're feeling better soon.

It shows incredible strength and will that you realize you may be on the verge of having a problem but you are willing to recognize it and fight for yourself.  In my experiences I've found that cutting is usually a way to surface internal pain, to make the pain you feel inside into a pain you can see and 'let out'  on the outside.  Give yourself outlets for your pain...art, writing, your youth group.  

And the boys, ah..the boys.  They'll come & they'll go before you truly find the one for you, you have to find that love and comfort in you so that you'll know that love when you find it in someone else.  My guy is a pisces, a 'hopeless romantic' so I understand the 'yearning' for someone to share that with...by the way if you believe in all that astrological stuff scorpios and cancers are good personalities to compliment you.
Off to read some more ;)
xoxo~Bernadette