Saturday, December 25, 2004

A bunch of mini-entries and one long-ish one

"I never thought there was any other way to go."-Lindz's wall
How often do we make a decision to take one choice without considering the other? We never think of another way. What if the other, unthought of, way is better? What if we choose wrong?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night, I got upset again. My little, fake, old Christmas tree that I've had for years won't light up. One of the bulbs fell out and then I took a bulb out of my (unused) angel's hand and put it in the empty socket. It won't light. So, of course, I cried again. PMS, I'm sure. Oh, and if the world stops turnng, I'm sorry. As Lindz said, "Vickey's PMSing and she doesn't want chocolate? The world is ending!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware: Bit longer & bit more thoughtful-ish mabober. Don't ask. Sugar high but calm.

Baby shower! Feeling: calmly happy Hearing: chatter

I'm sitting against the mirror in the dance studio (yes, my high school has a dance studio) being a bit anti-social. If someone came over to talk to me, I would talk but no one is so I'm not. TOday was overrated-ish. We were supposed to carol in voice but we didn't. We ran through solos and at the end, I sang Caro mio ben to practice for tomorrow. Mrs. A said that when I sing I have "such a look of sincerity on" my face that it's "a pleasure to watch" me sing. Sarah, one of my toughest critics, agreed! I rushed off to German, barely squeaking past the bell. We got our textbooks, finally. Then we learned about German Christmas and had chocolate with marzipan and some bread thing. Rushed to math and was nearly late. We watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Science was next. On time to that, for once. *great* We did some "wacky word" things. Like momanon means man in the moon.

Oh! Romance! It's pouring out. I want to put on jeans and a tee and grab an umbrella and go outside with.... Tom :-[ I'm so afraid of the way I feel about him. Once bitten, twice shy, as they say. (Who is they anyhow?) I've already shed tears of pain and sorrow over one guy relatively recently. I don't need that again. I just want a guy that won't break my heart. A guy I can trust to tell him how I feel. Part of my heart will belong to Jon, always. But that piece is getting smaller and smaller every day. I could never be with a guy that would betray me, that would pressure me for sex. I feel Jon would. He pressured Lindz for a handjob. He taught me a lot. I mean, don't get me wrong, he did break my heart, he did hurt me but I learned a lot. I learned about myself and what kind of guy I want. I learned about him and how he's not the kind of guy I want. I mean, I now know I can't date a guy who does drugs or smokes. Before, I hadn't thought about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Past Year Hearing: The Last Laugh '04 on Comedy Central as written by hand

This is a show of stuff that happened in the past year. Here's my reaction to it all.

The election. Not getting into it tonight.
Murder trials of the year. Robert Blake-who? Apparently a celebrity whose wife was shot. OJ Simpson-my mom knows every detail. I know none. {Norm MacDonald is hilarious.} {I need chocolate. Gramma has none.}
Well, I just missed somebody's time and thus a few more events. Blame it on cravings. DL Hughley's up.
Kobe Bryant-don't know the details
Janet's boob-big whoop
Penile enhancement-wohoo. Comics keep making fun of the 36 hour pill. It doesn't last 36 hours. It's in your system that long and only takes effect for normal time when it's "the right time". I don't know how or why I know this.
Martha Stewart-don't really know the whole story.
Scott Peterson-if he did do it, what the hell? Why would he kill his wife and child?
Michael Jackson-butt of most jokes in my school. Gulity, in my opinion.
Airline restrictions-pain in the butt, I'm sure but if it'll keep us all safe, go for it. Even the shoes.
Terrorism-sucks.
Bad moves-we've used up our quota for the decade.
The Swan-what's the point?
Brittany's marriage-55 hours? Is it worth it?
Modest Mouse-Float On. I thought lead singers were supposed to be good singers and hotties.
Justin Timberlake-idiotic pretty boy
Paris Hilton-idiotic narcisstic spoiled brat
A**crack-keep it in the pants, please.
Christmas vs. Holidays-I celebrate Christmas, I'll wish a Merry Christmas if I want. If someone is offended enough to speak up, I'll apologize and wish them a Happy Holidays.
Anna Nicole-too much to cover. Same with the Olsens.
Bill Engaval's turn. The weird year-his label for 2004. Janet, covered. Well, more like uncovered. lol
Olympics-did I pay attention? I'm bad, I know.
Iraqi prison scandal-awfulness.
Britain-guy drank 15 beers and shot his certain part. Last words, "I swear it ain't loaded." Five years in jail for illegal weapon. Idiot.
Louisiana-loser of chess game slams winner's head through a window (to which he says, "Wait. They play chess in Louisiana!?"). Odd. Idiots. Time for Colin Quinn to rap.
Flu shots-why do we have only two providers? Stupid.
Michael Moore-too many Michael's in the public eye! He's an idiot anyhow.
Osama's new video-is he still alive or was it doctored?
Hurricanes-Far too many.
Boston-what did I mean by "Boston"? Oh, the Red Sox? If so, yay for them. Boo for
the Yankees.
Troy-was it good?
Alexander-see above.
Halo 2-too much hype.
Sex bracelets-stupid and no one who wears 'em knows what they mean really (at least not at my school)
Catholic church-won't run 'em into the ground anymore than they've already been run in.
Unknown Christ impersonator- Ummm... no. You don't mock my Lord. You don't dress up and make fun of Him. Sorry, you just don't.
The Passion-I saw it. It's not moving enough to make me go confess to a murder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pet names. I love pet names. Not Fred (my dad used to call me that) but stuff like "hun" or "sugar" or "doll". I love being called them and I love using them. I once read a book that the main female character called everyone "hun" and "sugar" and I picked it up. Annoyed everyone for two weeks then I started to lay off it. I'm back to it again. But, I love being called them as well. Not by some sleezball on the street but by friends and people I trust. (If only Tom read this.....) By the way-inspiration for this entry was provided by B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last mini-entry, I promise. I'm not writing what I was going to because it's utterly hopeless and stupid. So instead, look forward to a story to come soon. It's 100% fiction, I assure you. You'll see why I'm assuring you when you read the story. It's just not done yet. Anyhow, I hope I get no comments on this until at least the 26th. You should not be on the computer today. It's Christmas Day for goodness sake! Off to do something that's unrelated to Christmas, I'm sure.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Vickey, haven't time to read properly today, but will catch up in a few days :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I love your year in review, it's crazy to look back and see all that happened isn't it.  
I use pet names all the time, terms of endearment I call them.  If I didn't have to teach Pey to write her name, she might not know what it is ;)

Happy Holidays doll...by the way, how did your grandfather react to your song?  I'm sure he loved it, can't wait to find out ;)

xoxo~Bernadette