Friday, December 24, 2004

Putting off getting off again.......

Firstly, my friend Ali just lost a dear friend. Her name was Samie and she had CF as well. My thoughts are with them. She passed away today.

Secondly,

Weekend Assignment #40: It's Athena's sixth birthday today. Celebrate by sharing a story from when you were six.

Extra Credit: No extra credit this week -- I figure most of you will be busy enough the next couple of days, right?

Okay, so what happened when I was six? Ummmm.... well, this happened when I was either 5, 6, or 7. I was in Mrs. Foro's class for both kindergarten and first grade so it kinda blurs together. Anyhow, she was my favorite teacher ever & I was her pet. She came to my birthday party. But, on with the story. So, I was in computer class and we were going back to the classroom. We rounded the corner and started to go up the stairs. I was near the end of the line but a few friends were behind me. So I was up about two steps and then, I blacked out. I don't know if I fainted, was pushed, tripped, or where I hit my head but, I did. I hit it on either the wall, the railing, or the stairs. Next thing I remember I'm being carried up the stairs by the school nurse with Mrs. Foro behind us (and the class behind her). Then, I blacked out again. I don't remember being in her office but, at some point, I did. Time is the culprit behind that lack of memory. So, next thing I know, my parents are there and they take me to the doctor's. I don't remember this next bit but, Mom told me. Whether it's true or not, I don't know. Apparently, I had a concussion (I swear I didn't) and wasn't allowed to sleep for hours. I remember sleeping. Anyhow, I remember being in the doctor's office. It was the most "exciting" day of my young life at that point. Except maybe the day I met my brother for the first time but that's a story for another day. (I'm talking about days that had happened before the day I hit my head. I've had more exciting days since then.)

Okay, time to leave for the Christmas party in which I will sing my solo. Apparently, I will "sing like an angel". I can only hope. Don't say good luck. I'm a preformer. "Good luck" is bad luck. It's break a leg, remember. Merry Christmas all!

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am reading backwards, so I know you've already done your solo - hope you, er, broke a leg ;o)  Am sorry to hear about Samie, how sad, lots of love to your friend Ali.
Sara   x