Saturday, December 18, 2004

I'm dead.

Have you ever made a mistake? A big mistake? A month of mistake? I did. I thought my books were due back to the library on the seventeenth. I was wrong. They were due back on the third. I have $8 in fines and that's not including the cost of those not yet returned. My dad's gonna shoot me. Guess the rest of the money Gramma paid me for calendars is going to pay for fines. I'm dead. If I do the math, the fines total over $60! I'm so freaking dead!!!!!!!! I don't have $60! Plus I lost one of the books. No idea where the hell it went. Just disappeared. That makes the fines closer to $80! I'm so dead. No way will he pay my fines again. Looks like I'll need to put up babysitting flyers. If I'm not on a lot, I'm out babysitting. Ricky, where are you? I need to take you up on that offer. Please. Well, actually. Never mind, Ricky. I take it back. I don't want to take you up on that. I'll just dig the hole I'm in deeper. I'm at the bottom but not rock bottom I can keep digging. I'd rather not. I'm screwed but, I can keepfrom screwing myself more. I'll let you know what happens with this. For now, I'm off to cuddle with my Smokey (who's doing better for now). Arrivederci.

Love always,
Vickey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seem to remember library fine trouble in my younger days too!!
Hope it gets sorted, and that you don't have to pay too much.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

I'm new here.  I'm computer literate, yet blog illiterate, so bear with me.  Not sure of the rules, protocols, etc. yet desperate to read and write.  I've been writing for a long time, for needed personal therapy.  I wrote 7 novels, actually, full size, romantic/adventure, to escape reality, fulfill my dreams.   If I was happy, I wouldn't have had the need.  I know that.  Yet, I'm here because I like to write and writing can be so lonely.  I thought a writing and reading and connecting avenue would pacify me more.

I read some of your journal entries.  There's not much I can't relate to.  I'm a bit older than you, yet so much of what you said is been there, done that, felt that, wanted that, hated that, I couldn't help but respond.   I wrote a poem once that I think you'd like.  I wish I could recite it from memory, but I can't.  I took a creative writing course once and our assignment was, describe yourself as something enert.  I chose color.  It was entitled, "I am Color".  One girl titled hers, "I am Saturday Mornings" and she described what she did every Saturday morning.  Boring.  The teacher thought so too, yet asked me to read mine twice.  Each of us are made from different colors.  Yellow for our vibrance, blue for sadness, Red for anger, Green for envy, Magenta for our creativity and Fusia is for beauty, and then a multitude of mixtures of all different colors for all the feelings we have in between.  The poem was far more descriptive, but it ended like this, "I am never black, never white and never gray".   None of us are, nor should we ever be.  

Take care of yourself.  I'd like to write more, but I don't want to intrude.  Thank you for reading mine....love, Cal

Anonymous said...

Oh man, losing library books is the worst!  Pey's already lost one, I have no idea how..or how much it's going to cost me ;)  Hopefully this costs a lot less than the $120 psych books that I lost in high school  (DON"T share a locker with someone, I learned my lessons....even if it's in a closer hall to the class!)....AYE!
I'm sure it'll all work out okay doll~
Take it easy~
xoxo~B