Thursday, December 23, 2004

Journal challenge

2004 ... lessons learnt

 

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Ummm... I accepted Christ, felt tempted, had my heart broken, created this blog, discovered friends online, discovered that I have a savior/marytr complex (in the words of my 1am buddy), counseled my friends in many issues, and many many others I'm sure.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make any this year. I forgot about 'em. Already workin on new ones.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Anyone close to me? No. Teachers at my school did though. I think there's something in the water.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not close to me but in my family. (My great-great-aunt)

5. What countries did you visit? Ummm... does the USA count?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Peace of mind and ZERO temptation.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 10/4/04, day my heart was broken, 10/17/04, first time I was tempted
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I accepted Christ and have helped many friends to stop or slow down the frequency of their giving into temptations.
9. What was your biggest failure? I let him mess with my heart. I nearly gave into my own temptations.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Define. I think the temptation might count. Other than that, my shoulders/hips/jaw are all messed up but nothing serious. Oh, my heart murmur is gone.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Define best. My gifts for my sister were the funnest to buy. The book I bought for myself at Circle C (Chicken Soup for the Christian Teenage Soul) really helped me as well.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Oh, gosh. My sister has learned many new things this past year (8 months to 20 months). My friends every time they resisted. My youth leaders for supporting all of us so wonderfully.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? October 4, 2004. Enough said? Jon. broke. my. heart. Enough. Not getting depressed again. He's not worth it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Money? What's that?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Youth group every Wednesday night. My 14th birthday. I got to have both my parents together at my birthtime (a huge deal in my family).
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Different songs for different times. Anything on Maroon 5's first CD (Songs About Jane) will ALWAYS remind me of Liz. Oh, and the Moulin Rouge soundtrack
17. Compared to this time last year, you are: FRUSTRATED THAT AOL KICKED ME OFF! no, really, i'm more in the Christmas spirit than last year but not much. also more frustrated with Dad and craving more independance
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? smiling, laughing, being "immature", hanging out, sleeping
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? being tempted, being b*tchy, staying up til 2am, lying
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Christmas Day w/Dad and Joey at home, Christmas Eve (aka TOMORROW) at my aunt's w/my family. Afterwards, Gail's coming over to exchange gifts. She decided not to come to Christmas Eve. 29th to 2nd at Mom's.

21. How would you rather be spending Christmas? Like I did in 2001. Mom slept at our house that year so we could be together Christmas morning. She slept in my bed with me and Dad slept in with Joey so they didn't have to sleep together and the tree was in the way of getting upstairs without seeing it. (We never see the tree until we're all together.) That night, around 6, we went out to Lori's and exchanged gifts out there. I'm not saying I want Mom to sleep here. She's got her husband and her daughter to be with. But I want to go down there Christmas night.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Let's not deal with whether I did or did not fall in/realize I had fallen in love, kay? Thanks, bye. (just a saying)
23. How many one-night stands? Not my style. One guy, my husband, to be had later in life.
24. What was your favorite TV program? General Hospital
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I hate what that @$$ did on Homecoming Weekend but, I don't hate him. He's always got that bit of my heart. Wish I hadn't given it so freely. Ah, the curse of the fish.
26. What was the best book you read? Too many to pick from. The Red Tent was really good. Left me speechless.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Katrina Elam and Sarah Hudson. And the fact that I can sing without making dogs howl and cats screech.
28. What did you want and get? Materially? A few CD's. Mentally? The urge to recede.
29. What did you want and not get? To figure out how to add pictures! It's still very messed up. You're all great with helping it's just that when I click "Add Pictures from Hometown" and click the folder thingy it's supposed to be in, it's not there! There is nothing in my folder at all. Anyone got hints for that?
30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Notebook was tear-jerking. Van Helsing was great (but she shoulda LIVED, Liz!). Cellular was decent. Oh, and Shall We Dance was amazing!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was, as we all know, fourteen on February 20, 2004 at 4:27 pm. Okay, so maybe we didn't all know that detail but we all knew I was fourteen. I had a party with my friends in, like, April and everyone kept stealing my cowgirl hat! It was great. Sheli, Lindz, and Liz slept over and we went to the pond that night. It was absolutely amazing. Thanks for reminding me of all that. I had forgotten. Oh! And I think we saw a movie or something and we went to the diner and Liz spilt my Dr. Pepper all over and we switched booths. No, we didn't see a movie. We talked about it though. It was really warm out, I think. Definitly not ON my birthday but, I can't remember that day. I think oh yeah! My mom had me for visitation and wanted to come early but, I asked her if she'd come around four because I wanted my parents together at 4:27pm. They hadn't been together at my birthtime (which my family makes a huge deal about) since 2001. It really meant a lot. At your birthtime, no matter what time, my family wakes up and sings "Happy Birthday" to you. It's great. One year, when I turned 13, it was me and Dad at home & I got in the shower. So at 4:27, he knocks on the door and starts singing to me.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? One thing? Not having a broken heart for the last 2 1/2 months.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? I had a fashion concept? Hah!
34. What kept you sane? I was sane!? Hah! My blog and my friends. Thank God for them both. (both things, not both friends)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy as in have a crush on? As in one? As in pick? As if! Many many many. Including Ben Affleck, the guy from Van Helsing, Peace Boy, oh sorry! It said celebrity/public figure. Opps.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Gay rights and abortion.

37. Who did you miss? LIZ!!!!! I MISS YOU, HUN!
38. Who was the best new person you met? New person, eh? Everyone in youth group except Timmy and Peace Boy (cuz I already knew them) and Taylor and Nelson (cuz they're idiots).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Watch your heart. Don't give it to a druggie/idiot/pervert. And if there's the slightest chance that your legs will show, SHAVE THEM! I've learned this one the hard way.

 

Time to go eat dinner before I go "beautify" for tomorrow. More entries later. Beware of overload. {bwahaha}

 

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job hun!!
It's sometimes fun to reflect on the year.  I think these would be good questions to save and look at in the middle of next year and think where is THIS year heading.. at least it would be for me.. Luv ya sweetness!
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/NoPromisesNoDemands/
~ Promise

Anonymous said...

Good Answers. Soon you will get over your heartache and think back to this time and think Man that guy was an idiot and I'm better off without him. Trust me that happened to me when I was 15. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~*Tara*~