Sunday, December 19, 2004

Sunday Brunch (and it's Sunday! *gasp*) along with 37 questions

There's two of these this week and I'm doin' both. I'm wasting time again. hehe ^_^

"The peaceful transfer of authority is rare in history, yet common in
our country. With a simple oath, we affirm old traditions and make new
beginnings." -George W. Bush


1) What is a Christmas tradition that your family did when you were a
child that you loved the most?
Oh, this list could go on and on and on. I could list traditions up to wazoo. One we used to do that has fallen by the wayside is the drive. We used to take a drive just to see the Christmas lights. Mom did this with Sami, Joey, and I this year but we haven't done it in years. One we still do is blueberry muffins on Christmas morning. I'm sure some of my entries in the week to come will focus on traditions.
2) What is a Christmas tradition that you plan to instill in your own family or already have instilled from when you were a child? Oh, gosh. Blueberry muffins, cheesecake for dessert (to celebrate Christ's birthday) instead of cake (too much between December and April to have it on Christmas as well), one gift on Christmas Eve, when my kids are young (and probably when they're older as well) going to see Santa, Christmas Eve with my family (speaking of which, that gets it's own entry)
3) What is a new Christmas tradition that you have instilled in your family that is new to both you and your significant other? Don't have a significant other.
4) Do you make any traditional holiday dishes? Cheesecake, ham, biscuits, and a billion others but mostly cheesecake, ham, and chocolate covered peanut butter balls.
5) Does your family open Christmas gifts Christmas morning, when the
clock strikes twelve, or one gift the night before and the rest the
next morning?
One gift the night before (always our Christmas PJs that we wear that night) and the rest the next morning. Except the ones from the family. Those are opened Christmas Eve in front of them.

"The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a
meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so
many words what the meaning is?' Myanswer to that would be, 'No.'"
-Aaron Copland


1) Can you play a musical instrument? If so, which one(s)? Yes. I can sing, play a bit of piano, recorder, and a few chords on the guitar.
2) If you could be part of any band or musical group on the planet, which one would it be and who would you be and why? I'd want to travel with the Newsboys. They're great and hot and and and sorry what was I saying? I'd want to be part of ummm..... I have no idea.
3) What is your favorite genre of music? Country and Christian
4) What is your least favorite genre of music? Classical and Sinatra. I know he's great and all but I can't stand him most of the time. (But Peter I. can sing Sinatra and sound pretty darn good.)
5) What was the last song you heard or what are you listening to right now? Last song I heard, as in in my head or on the radio/in church? In my head, something by Jewel. In church, something parody of "Away In A Manger". On the radio, unknown.

Hope you found that interesting. Time to waste some more time with 37 questions....

1. LIVING ARRANGEMENTS? Must I go over this again? I live with my dad and brother. All pets dead or living with relatives. Mom, Ray (stepdad) and Sami (half-sister) live 100 miles away. I visit them every other weekend.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Too many. For school, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. For myself, too many.

3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Awfulness! Blue. Boring boring. Plain blue. I want a new one!

4. WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? Just one? Depends on the day but, I love to play Life or the Barbie Prom Game.


5. FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? CosmoGIRL!, Seventeen, Reader's Digest


6. BABIES? None for a few years but I want at least two.

7. FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Rain pounding on the rooftops, the silence of the world hushed by snowfall, laughter, my heart rejoicing

 8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Hurting someone I love or being hurt by them


9. FIRST THING YOU THINK OF IN THE MORNING? Uggggh. *hits the snooze button even though she doesn't have the time* Followed by, "Why did I sleep so long and why is it so cold?"


10. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? Depends on the day and the caller

12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Did you want just one? I like way too many names. Isabella, Josephine, Samantha (but that's my sister's name so I won't use it), Jaclyn (after my best friend), Angelique, and many others for girls. For a boy, Garrett, John (NOT Jon), Jacob, Joshua, Austin, Ryan, and a ton of others as well.

13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? To find true love.

14. FAVOURITE FOODS? Depends on my mood. Caramel apples, seasame chicken, homemade nachos. Oh, the list goes on.


15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? We all know the answer to this one! Chocolate, baby! That time of the month or not, I love my chocolate.


16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? Don't drive yet but, love the thrill of it

17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Depends on where I am. If I'm at Lindz's, yea, I sleep with Destiny. If I'm at Dad's, yea, I sleep with my bear (whose name changes each night). If I'm anywhere else, no. Oh, at Circle C, I sleep with a stuffed animal so I'm not homesick.


18. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? Thunderstorms, almost always cool. Only scary once when I was home alone. I was on the phone with Timmy, Liz W, and Lindz. Had to take a shower but was too scared since I was all alone and it was pitch black. The lights were flickering. I put the phone down on my bed and went to take a shower. When I got out, I was kinda scared and I stayed on the phone until past midnight when Lindz's sleeping pills kicked in and we both decided to go to sleep. I was still home alone.

19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? I'm 14! I don't have a car! Mom and Ray are getting me one for my sweet 16, though.

20. FAVOURITE DRINK? Obviously non-alcoholic. Depends on my mood. If very stressed and to the point where I need immediate relaxation (where many of you may turn to a glass of wine), a glass of white grape juice drinken out of one of the wineglasses. Otherwise, something like that cafe mocha I just had. (V. good from Tim Hortons.)

22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? How many times have I mentioned this one? Pisces.


23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? When I eat broccoli, I do.

24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE?  Writer.

25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR WHAT COLOUR WOULD IT BE?  I'm thinking light brown or auburn.


26. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Thought I was.


27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Depends on what's in the glass, usually half empty. ~stealing answer

28. FAVOURITE MOVIE? Pretty Woman, Moulin Rouge!, several based upon the season

29. Do you type with your fingers on the right keys? Yuppers. Blame three years of the same typing program which I completed each year. My dad types with ONE finger and is so freakin slow.


31. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER? 14. It's the number of the first pool ball I ever shot in.

32. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PROGRAMME? At the moment? ummm....GH? I don't think I have one anymore.


33. BEACH, MOUNTAINS OR CITY?  Beach/city. Loved NYC but Fire Island was great, too.


34. TECHNOLOGY OR ART? Art, no questions asked. Esp. the abstract kind.

35. COMEDY OR HORROR? Depends. Sometimes comedy, sometimes horror.

36. FAVOURITE TIME OF DAY? 11:11....make a wish! ~stealing answer


37. WHO WOULD PLAY YOU IN THE FILM OF YOUR LIFE? Easy, Julia Roberts. ~third answer I've stolen

There's the last round of the Sunday Brunch before Christmas. Oh, if my saying "Merry Christmas" offends anyone, sorry but, I talk about my faith in here and saying "Merry Christmas" is the same. If you'd rather I wish a "happy holidays", pretend I did.

Love always,
Vickey 
(couldn't continue the theme on my name. Had to use my fav color. I know it clashes. Deal with it. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why would saying 'Merry Christmas' offend anyone?  
Merry Christmas to you my dear, and anyone that's offended by that needs to get out more :o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

great answers!  I love, love, love cheesecake ;)  I think I'm going to snag one of your family traditions this year!  Ham's always one here, Chris has been waiting, and waiting ;)

Funny about the Merry Christmas isn't it?  They can't say it in school, or sing 'Christmas' songs here...Pey got in trouble for wearing a Santa Hat on 'holiday dress up' day, had to take it off.  What's even more odd, instead of a 'Christmas' song, they sing Frosty the Snowman...that's cool.  However, they learned a Hanukkah song and a Kwanza song...that's cool too.  I'm all for diversity, I just don't get why people are so upset over Christmas....To them I say..M-E-H.  *Where are you Christmas, where have you gone?*
Merry Christmas to you doll!
xoxo~B