Monday, December 27, 2004

New journal & stuffs

So, blogaholic that I am, I've just created a new journal. This one is probably not going to have any loyal readers but I feel it deserves a mention. It's just me keeping track of my progress on various goals. From New Year's Resolutions to weekly/daily goals. The link is here. Oh, that reminds me. I wanted to go see how long it's been since I was tempted. 19 days. I haven't been tempted in 19 days. 2 1/2 weeks. I know it's not long in the grand scheme of things but 2 1/2 weeks is better than the 1/2 week I was averaging before. So, yay for me! Now, time to go do some stuffs that's not online. Like write up my resolutions, read my Bible, and write to Lightheart (the unicorn that I address my handwritten journal to. Don't ask.). Hope you all had a nice day. Oh, tomorrow, I will be awoken at an ungodly hour again. At 8:05, my dad will come wake me up & we have to sing to my brother. Family tradition. Whatever time you were born, we wake up & sing to you. He was born at 8:10am. He's always hated me, you see. But me, I'm easy. 4:27pm. Thank goodness we don't do it for Mom. She was born at 4:27am. I don't know why we don't do it for her or Dad. Hmmm... Oh, and Sami, Sami's easy too. 9:20pm. Tomorrow also would have been my Gramma & Gumpy's fourteenth anniversary. But that doesn't mean much to me anymore. I was too young to wonder about why they split & I'm not starting now. I said good-bye to Gumpy last year. Haven't talked to him in 1/2 my lifetime. But, as I said, I'm going to do some stuff that doesn't involve the internet. Hope your day was great as great can be.

Now I don't like Freud but, this is something semi-intelligent. Followed by something intelligent by a man I DO like.

Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead.  We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces.  ~Sigmund Freud

And now, Picasso, a man whose work I truly admire,

What is a face, really?  Its own photo?  Its make-up?  Or is it a face as painted by such or such painter?  That which is in front?  Inside?  Behind?  And the rest?  Doesn't everyone look at himself in his own particular way?  Deformations simply do not exist. ~Pablo Picasso

And one last one by someone who is quite unknown. Indeed, her name is "Author Unknown".

I have a very firm grasp on reality!  I can reach out and strangle it any time!  ~Author Unknown

Now before I kill you all with quotes, adieu.

Love always,
Vickey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well good luck on that new blog of yours, will have to put it on my alerts. Love those quotes very thought provoking. Intrigued by your family tradition of singing at the hour and minute of a person's birth. Excellent idea... but really dad at least needs to be brought into the loop. Keep it going, these have long lasting effects. Hope all is well... and remember that duration is great but in the end it matters as much WHY you might be tempted as well as how long. Remember the AA motto... "One day at a time and if that's too long, one hour, even one minute." If it helps... when temptation strikes again think of me, and all those who care about you, and draw strength from us. That's WHY we care, to be there when needed.

Toodles.

Anonymous said...

I'm a faithful reader of your journal (this one), so I'm sure I'll be a faithful reader of the other one too. I haven't been online much and I see I've missed a lot.  But I'll catch up.
Good luck on your resolutions, just remember not to set them too high.  Keep them simple, you can always do them even if you don't make them resolutions.  I for one always make a whole bunch then feel like crap because I didn't keep them.
:)
~ Promise

Anonymous said...

19 days is great Vickey - here's to the next 19 :o)
Ooh, and I'm off right now to visit your new journal!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Great quotes doll!  I like the idea of singing happy birthday when you were born, that's cute.
Checking out your new journal...
Have a good one!
xoxo~B