Sunday, December 19, 2004

Testing... testing....

These pictures were easy to get on here. This way, I know how to do them. I even know how to add captions but it's not working. So basically, here's the captions I had written.... These are pictures Lindz took in Washington, DC.

Picture One: Lindz says, "A big person". I say, "The Lincoln Memorial"

Picture Two: Lindz says, "A big pointy building" I say, "The Senate Building, I think"

Picture Three: Lindz says, "A pretty window" I say "A pretty window in the National Cathedral"

Picture Four: Lindz says, "A sign" I say, "The view of the Washington Monument from between the columns of the Lincoln Memorial"

Picture Five: Lindz says, "art..." I say "A very moving (in my opinion) work of art in the National Cathedral"

Picture Six: Lindz says (and I strongly disagree with this) "it's a wall" I say, "The Vietnam Wall is much more than a wall"

Okay, time to finish being a typical Pisces and start getting some homework done and some sleep slept (don't ask. Sugar high)

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics Vickey, and some of the captions worked!!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Great pics (Lindz*) of some of the monumental stuff in DC.  I really like the shot of the National Monument through the pillars of the Lincoln Memorial. very artistic ;)
You reminded me that I have some pics from when I was up there about a month ago...gotta get those pics loaded.
And, I agree with you...sorry Lindz, my dad was a Vietnam vet...'The Wall' is much, much more.  Every Veterens Day my father would take the day off of work and head down to spend the day with his comrades and remember and honor those who had fallen.  Those friends, sons, brothers, fathers that never came home, hallow be their names engraved upon that wall.  
xoxo~B