Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forgot to write this the other day but, we got our Christmas tree! It's real. Can't stand fake ones (esp. aluminum ones. ew) because they don't smell right. This one is pretty tall but the best part.... drumroll please.... I picked it out. We never get the ones I pick because of one reason or another but this year, I found something wrong with all of them (one of them lacked character). Not that I was trying to be a b**** but I didn't want a blue tree. I think trees should be green. Period. Some were too full and others too sparse. Eventually, I suggested a few and they were rejected. Joey was starving but, I wasn't giving up. Each year, I have this dream of a perfect tree. Never happens but, a girl can hope, can't she? This year, though not perfect, it's the first year I got my tree. I suggested it and I think it's pretty close to perfect. Kinda dying-ish, sparse in places, full in others but overall, it's great. I'll load up a picture next time I'm at Lindz's. It's not decorated yet, but it's yummy smelling. May be a petty thing but, I finally got to pick out the tree. That's a huge thing for some reason. I don't know why but it means a lot to me. Now, time to collate calendars for Gramma.

Love always,
Vickey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love real christmas trees, I haven't had one since I was young though.  It's not the same but I get pine air fresheners to make it a little more like it 'should be' ;)
So funny that you thought the christmas tree lacked character.  It's busy busy here, I'll drop by later and play catch up...
Take care doll!
xoxo~B