Saturday, December 25, 2004

So, Christmas Morning at an ungodly hour....

So still sitting here in my PJ's and robe (which I find odd b/c it's PJs Gail picked out and the robe I took from Mom), I'm only semi-conscious. My brother woke me up at eight am. And told me to get up. Heathen. So I asked someone to hand me my glasses. I put 'em on and said, "Hmmm no presents under my tree." (We always get one or two under our tree.) Apparently Santa left them in the doorway to our rooms. So I told someone to grab me mine and told Joey to grab his. We opened them in my room, on my bed. Yay. ::half asleep sarcasm:: Joey and I each got an ornament and I got a Newsboys CD while Joey got a GameBoyAdvance game. Joey was getting impatient so I said, "Fine. I'll get up but I gotta pee." So grab my robe, do my business, "Okay. Let's go." Trudge downstairs (keep in mind, still only half awake). See tree *gasp from Joey & groan of why the heck am I awake from Vickey*. Dad goes to get coffee and I start my begging to be allowed to drink a cup. Finally he consents & I decided to have Cafe stuff instead. By the time we had opened half a dozen gifts (between the two of us), I was awake enough to have a reaction. We both got a bunch of stuff that we wanted. That new coat I wanted, I got! I'm really happy about that (but you wouldn't know by looking at me since I'm still mostly asleep). So, after blueberry muffins and gifts, we put in a new CD and then decided to watch Shrek 2. I see it nearly every weekend at my mom's. Very boring after a billion viewings. So, now it's 11 am and I'm off to do something Christmas-y. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Love always,
Vickey

No comments: