Monday, January 3, 2005

12/29/04-Holy schiznit!

So Mom's car broke down & Dad drove us down. Good news for me. I was up until 2am reading. Couldn't fall asleep or put the book down. Lethal combonation. So I got to sleep until 10. I've never hustled out of bed so fast. How do I explain this delicately? New sheets plus Aunt Flo equals major hussle. Delicate enough? We left around 11:30. Got here. Blah blah blah. After dinner, we opened Christmas gifts. I got the Maroon 5 CD, a book or two, a pair of pajamas, china dolls (I collect them), and (get this) a cell! I got a cell phone! Dad's known for months. He hates it. I love it. It's a TracFone so it's loaded with minutes and when they run out, you have to buy more. Out of the 510 I started with, I now how 508.5 left. This Christmas was amazing. Awesome time (but boring at times) with family, the coat I've been begging for, and a cell phone! And tonight was the first time I hugged my stepdad. In the wedding pictures, there's a space between Ray and I so I'm kind of off to the side by myself. Tonight, Mom made some comment about how we must be really thankful cuz of all the hugs & kisses. So we piled Mom with hugs and kisses & thanks you's & she goes, "What about your stepdad?" So we rush over and hugged him & he goes "Ew. Get away from me. You stink." His usual reply to Mom which must mean something in our favor. So now, I'm heading to bed before I kill myself with sleep deprivation. Oh, three weeks free.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done hon, three weeks is fantastic :o)
If Aunt Flo means what I suspect it means, am not suprised you jumped out of bed so quickly!!  We've all been there!!  A cell phone - we call them mobiles here - now you get to text people - yaaay, I love being able to text hubby when he's out working, he gets mad if I forget to send xxx's though ;o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

LOL, Aunt Flow rode in on the Crimson Tide the day after Christmas here!  Not a good thing since we got the new bed...and new sheets.  The old sheets were navy, easy cover...now I have yellow and 'river stone' which is like a grayish greenish blueish color....neither of which would look good spotted red ;)
Love Maroon 5, love the jammies (saw the pic ^)....YEA!CELL PHONE!  I know that's gotta be exciting.  I got one when I was 17 and it was sooooo cool ;)  Now I guess they're kinda normal, huh?  We've been thinking about when we'll have to get one for Pey, we figure that when she starts going places without us or other parents...or walking to friends houses or what not that we'll have to get her one, I say around 11 or 12 with the way stuff progresses now-a-days.
Glad you're feeling more comfortable with step-dad, I'm sure that makes life a little easier on you ;)  Sounds like you guys are warming up to each other.
Take it easy doll~
xoxo~B