Wednesday, January 26, 2005

WTH?!

Midterm #1 in a few hours. I feel ick but what's new? I told Dad I need an appointment with my doctor so I can see if I am bipolar. he didn't respond so I tol dhim not to just brush it off, I need a doctor's appointment. He said "Consider it brused." If I am bipolar, it's not just "Oh well. Deal." It's more like "Okay, now what do we do to treat it?" Everybody thinks it's just stress or PMS or hormones but I don't think so. honestly, these are the people that were more than happy to say I was depressed two years ago but no, I can't be bipolar. "I don't notice extreme highs and lows in you." Are you in my body? Do you feel what I do? Then don't say I'm not! My father said he'd put me on the pill if I want so my PMS/mood swings aren't as bad. So I can go on the pill when I'm TWELVE(!) and I can see an OB/GYN but I can't be bipolar and I can't see my doctor? What the heck? Y'all know more about bipolar (esp. how it feels) than they do. They have the wrong facts. Maybe I'm not bipolar. But I need my doctor ot ocnfirm or deny it. Good night. I'm not bring paper to the test so I'll write more tomorrow.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right in the fact that only your doctor can diagnose whether you have - or are - bipolar.  If it's something you're really worried about, your Dad should take it seriously.  Especially if he's saying you can go on the pill for PMT.  Don't you need to see a doctor for that anyway?  Maybe it's different there.  Maybe discuss it with your councillor, if they agree, they could always have a word with your Dad for you.  Take care hon.
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah...you should talk to your doctor about how you're feeling.  I'm a bit miffed by your Dad brushing it off, that's not cool...whether it's PMS or depression you should see the doc about it.  He/She can be objective about your symptoms.  
Good luck doll!
xoxo~B