Friday, January 21, 2005

FIRE!

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. It's on fire. It's fucking on fire. I'm sorry about my language but OH MY GOD IT'S ON FIRE! Pray for them, please. Please. The townhouse kiddy-corner to us is on fire. I know the people that live in that townhouse. It's Devin's house. Oh my God. I've never seen a burning building. It's literally burning. It's a house. A house is burning. In my backyard. That's what the pounding was. There was someone at my door. Oh my God. In times of crisis, I turn to my best friend. Yep, my first call (okay my first after I told Mom to come in the right way) was to Lindz. Who is now making me laugh my arse off. It was a three alarm fire. It destroyed three units. Oh my gosh. (You can tell I'm better when I stop using all caps and when I use gosh instead of G-d.) The building is destroyed. The top of the second to last unit is black. Absolutely black. Some kids were playing with matches and their couch lit on fire. I'm just shocked. I'm in utter shock. Honestly. Okay, back to what I was writing. Please, pray for them. Nobody was hurt but material possessions were lost. Please pray for them.

Love always,
Vickey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen a house on fire, that must be a shocking sight.  Am so glad that no one was hurt, but material posessions can't always be replaced and that is a shame.  Things like family photo's are often missed most out of everything.  A reminder for me to search my house for match boxes, am sure we don't have any, but always best to be safe than sorry!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that's scary.  I'm glad you all, and the folks at home are okay.  Don't play with fire!  My little brother played with matches when he was a kid, my dad took him to the burn center at a hospital and that was the end of it...my brother doesn't touch lighters or matches unless he has to.  Take care doll!
xoxo~B